Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Daze did you have the rule pump sucking thru a 3/4 or 1" supply?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Factory pump is 2000gph. would replace the scuppers with plain thru hulls. the rule pumps outlet is 1", but strangly they have 3/4" inlets--go figure.

The factory scupper is a stange piece--it has both 3/4" threads and 1" threads-would have to trim the length down to get to the 1" but the inside diam is 3/4" all the way-like i said a strange piece.

Rule also makes a pump that is 3400 gph--that would be a animal of a fill pump but theres no fittings that would work for the ballast bags
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Daze did you have the rule pump sucking thru a 3/4 or 1" supply?
    right now i have the factory piece still.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Do you think having 3 intakes is better than 1 as in fmans....... he states a 3/4 is good for 40 gpm......maybe in a perfect world......when 3 pumps are sucking you are going to get fighting between them i would think.....and i think that 40 is at a higher pressure than these pumps are capable of.......just some thoughts
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I meant when you did your bench test
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

anyways with my jabsco system , i'm going to put a tsunami on the intake of my surf side and see what the fill rate difference is , with it and with out it....only 30 for the pump and some time and wire....but have to wait till may
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Do you think having 3 intakes is better than 1 as in fmans....... he states a 3/4 is good for 40 gpm......maybe in a perfect world......when 3 pumps are sucking you are going to get fighting between them i would think.....and i think that 40 is at a higher pressure than these pumps are capable of.......just some thoughts

Doc-I had this same setup except I was running 4 800tsunamis-wasnt happy with, bit it was great improvement over the sprinkler valves.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

ok, got to the lake this last sunday -on the water for the 1st time in about 4 months- and my surfbag 750lb was filled in about 3 minutes- now this was using the clock on the phone as i forgot my watch, but anyway it was noticable faster than any system ive had in the past. Had one little water leak on one of my fittings-forgot the tape on it.

No vented loops being used, running inline oneway valves that open with very little presure and close tight-so water wont siphon back out.

Still have to cut off the cap on the factory scupper so its more of a thru hull and then should be completely done.

Need to get out a couple more times and actually time it and use it before i will call it a success.

Remember I was trying to reuse as many old parts as possible and not pay out much more money-so far so good.

Kaneboats--got some ideas for you. send me a photo of one of your xtra rule pumps you have-sinclair project maybe.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Big thanks to Tazz3069 for all the support, guidence, ideas and answering all my questions via pm's
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Wow this kinda got me thinking. I have 3 Rule pumps now. This would be pretty easy to do except I would need to go up to 1" hose throughout. (on the fill side anyway). I think I would just enlarge the existing through hull to a 1.25" and build a manifold, provided there was enough room. May be a little tight under there.
    Daze the valves you are talking about are they spring checks? Post a pic or a link to what your using. I'd rather not use the vented loops if at all possible.

You guys remember the spring removal idea on the valves I had last year? I still have them removed for my back locker valves. As long as I keep life vests or a surfboard on them they don't fill underway, however I had to reinstall the spring for the front locker sac because it would fill. After reading about some of the improvements here I thought, why don't you remove the springs and grind off the scupper. That would make all the difference as far as siphoning.
    Increased flow and no siphoning and best of all free!
    I'll try it out befor I change out the system and let you know how it works.
    Don't hold your breath, its going to be a month or two.

PWI as usual...