Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I absolutely love Autowake. But it looks like your method is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I should probably recalibrate the sensor and try it out now that I have sufficient ballast in the boat.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Nice pic........
    Thank ya sir. It was even better in person!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    That's a meaty wave!
    Thanks! it's good enough that it's making it hard to justify getting into anything different that costs a ton more money.

Good weekend overall.
    Entertained a group of bachelors Friday. 4 of the 7 had never surfed. Got 3 up.
    Great time ended with a $305 fine and lecture about co2 poisoning for riding on the engine cover.
    That's dumb. How about giving them an education about what a Fresh Air Exhaust does?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    That's dumb. How about giving them an education about what a Fresh Air Exhaust does?
    there was no point in trying to explain anything to these 2 officers. their minds were made up. emailed the lawyer that got me out of my last last traffic ticket this morning. if there's an out or reduction he'll find it.

as he leaned over the boat to give me my extinguisher back, he noticed the coozie in the drivers cupholder down low. immediately asked me to give it to him. the look on his face when I pulled the diet dr pepper can out of the coozie and handed it to him was priceless. he thought there would be a second charge for beer within reach of the driver. one of the guys on the boat saw his face and said he had never seen such a letdown
    told him I was not drinking as I was entertaining the guys that were drinking. I don't think he believed me but whatever.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

there was no point in trying to explain anything to these 2 officers. their minds were made up. emailed the lawyer that got me out of my last last traffic ticket this morning. if there's an out or reduction he'll find it.

as he leaned over the boat to give me my extinguisher back, he noticed the coozie in the drivers cupholder down low. immediately asked me to give it to him. the look on his face when I pulled the diet dr pepper can out of the coozie and handed it to him was priceless. he thought there would be a second charge for beer within reach of the driver. one of the guys on the boat saw his face and said he had never seen such a letdown
    told him I was not drinking as I was entertaining the guys that were drinking. I don't think he believed me but whatever.....
    One of the few areas where our laws are actually more lax...

Under Oregon law, boat operators are allowed to drink alcohol and possess open containers on boats. However, boat operators cannot be under the influence — meaning their blood-alcohol level cannot be above the same .08 percent threshold for drunken driving. Also, those with a lower blood-alcohol level face arrest if they are impaired.
    In fact, I found out recently that OR law actually allows surfing w/o a life vest. I don't condone this, but occasionally I have a stubborn friend that wants to be free. This weekend he was on my boat and tossed his life vest in the boat while surfing. It's on him to accept the consequences, and I'm not going to treat him like a child. He surfed right past the sheriff shortly thereafter with obvious white upper body skin hanging out and the sheriff didn't do a thing.

They don't publicize these gray areas in OR, but they do exist.

In fact, I just read up that sitting on the sundeck, etc is only prohibited above 5mph in OR.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

One of the few areas where our laws are actually more lax...
    Same open container law in Idaho.
    2019 Supra SL450

Same open container law in Idaho.
    WA will tag you for open container in the driver's cupholder though. :-/

I always use cans of non-alcoholic beverages for drinking on the boat. Whether Vodka finds its way into the can is undetermined...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Same in Michigan, driver can have beer in hand as long as under .08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

WA will tag you for open container in the driver's cupholder though. :-/

I always use cans of non-alcoholic beverages for drinking on the boat. Whether Vodka finds its way into the can is undetermined...
    I avoid WA whenever possible.
    2019 Supra SL450

I avoid WA whenever possible.
    Well, I do live in WA. But it's 15 minutes to OR and almost all my boating is done under OR law. (when there's 2 states that share a boundry with water like the Columbia river, the more lenient of the laws apply per the Oregon Boating Board). So that means I use WA's law to ride until an hour after sunset, but OR's more lenient laws on other things.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com