Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Supra SL vs Centurion RI 237

Anyone have any experience surfing behind both of these? One of these 2 will be my boat next year. We surf 75% and wb 25%. I will ride behind both before purchasing. Leaning toward the Supra, as I like their fit and finish better as well as great local dealer support. But the RI has caught my attention lately. Thanks
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

I just spent a week in Lake Powell with both of these boats. I have a 2019 SL550 and my friend has a 2018 Ri237. They both are great boats, but I still prefer the wave that my SL makes compared to the Ri. We were there with 6 couples and I had multiple people tell me they preferred my wave over the Ri. My wave was a little taller and has a more defined lip. The fit and finish is better in Supra in my opinion, I don’t care for the dash of the Ri. Both are awesome boats, but I love my SL. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

I demoed an Fi22. Not exactly the same as the Ri237, but I'd imagine they'd have similar issues, as they're the same hull. The wave of the Fi was unbelievable, but the boat would have been unusable for me because the bow rise was ridiculous. I had to stand to see over the bow. I'm 6'2". My wife at 5 ft would be unable to drive it. I had the bow ballast maxed out, and dumped some rear ballast, and it was still too high.

My SL450 rides really flat. I have to work to get it to 9° pitch, and my wife can easily see when seated on the bolster.

Still getting the wave dialed, but considering it's not yet, it's still amazing. I do think the Fi wave was a bit taller, and maybe a bit longer, but overall the SL is a far better, nicer boat.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    I just spent a week in Lake Powell with both of these boats.

That sounds awesome.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks guys, the bow rise is something that seems to be common and would for sure be an issue for my wife.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

How did you like your MAX?
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100's each rear
    570 ski locker
    750 IBS
    Plus bags 625 and lead 650
    Reversible pumps-3
    ACME 2937 prop
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Swell shaper

Quote Originally Posted by GW@vineyardlake View Post
    How did you like your MAX?
    We really like it. Added 3000+lbs of additional ballast and it surfs amazing. Just ready to step up to a few more options, and I’ve never been a fan of the look of the boat. Best boat for the money IMO.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

haven't surfed either but crawled around them. it would be supra all day long for me.
    centurion will have a stellar surf wave but all of the boats I have been on really don't shine in the fit/finish department. supra has them killed in this area and you mention stepping up to a few more options, supra will fit that bill nicely..

good luck with whatever you choose. new boat in the garage is a nice feeling either way.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Just be aware the centurions draft 10” deeper than a Supra, I would have issues with a 38” draft at some of the boat ramps I go to.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Just be aware the centurions draft 10” deeper than a Supra, I would have issues with a 38” draft at some of the boat ramps I go to.

It can be an issue when you anchor off sandbars or shore, too.
    2019 Supra SL450