Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Surf the MONDO?

Here is a pic of the SC surf wave posted over on Wakeworld.

Maybe it's an indication of what is to come from the Mondo? Guess I'm not sure if they share the same/similar hull or not?

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I would be curious on what price point the Mondo is going to be at. I know right now the dealer I spoke with does not have a Mondo but they do have the SC. The SC is priced MORE than the SA last year. I suppose if you want the latest and greatest you have to pay for it.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Default Re: Surf the MONDO?

I bet you see the mondo in the 50k range.

I think supra has stepped up to one of the best boats on the market and it sounds like the price is beginning to reflect that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Re: Surf the MONDO?

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I bet you see the mondo in the 50k range.

I think supra has stepped up to one of the best boats on the market and it sounds like the price is beginning to reflect that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Base MSRP price is $53,560 for the Mondo.
    Last edited by jstenger; 09-11-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Seems like the Mondo, Mobius and Mojo are priced very closely... base prices +/- $6k
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Mondo Update

Well I finally got a Mondo out on the water today. I am by no meens a pro surfer, boarder or skier. I am just an average Joe, and the following are just my opinions. We had 4 adults and one child in the boat, and my other son did the skiing and surfing.

First off, the lake was glass, but the weather sucked. It rained the whole time, so I didn't get any pictures or video.

Positives

I loved the helm. I believe this to be one of the best improvements. All the switches are easy to reach and nicely laid out. The new cruise is awesome. Easy to scroll through, and easy to change. Even timer settings are a breeze and easy to change. A lot of info in a small display. The boat felt a lot larger than my OBV, and the seating was very comfortable. Side Note, the wakeplate is strange. It moves from its set point when you take off. I believe it has something to do with the cruise when it is on. I need to read an owners manual to figure out why.

Negatives

As expected, the ski wake was larger than my OBV. My son had a harder time skiing slalom across the wake, even at a speed of 32mph, and wake plate full down. I was not impressed at all by the Goofy surf wake either. We tried first with the stock 400# starboard bag and 500# center tank full. We also had the two larger adults behind me on the starboard side, and my wife and son in the middle of the rear seat. The wakeplate was tried at diffferent positions between half and full up, and speeds were tried between 9 and 11 mph. The wake was not very clean. I think I needed to move people to the bow of the boat. We then tried a 750# bag in the starboard locker. Side Note, the 750# bag fits perfect in the locker, but extends into the seating area because of the added walls that cover the pumps in the back of the boat. The surf wake got quite a bit larger, but still wasn't very clean. I think that this boat is going to be like the mojo, and from what I hear, require a lot of weight in the bow.

Final

All in all, I think this is going to be a great boat, minus the skiing, once you get rid of the stock bags and add an IBS. I wish I could have done more, but the weather sucked, and everyone was cold, wet, and crabby. This was my only free day for the next few weeks, so I had to use it the best I could. I have never ridden in a Mojo or LSV, so I can only compare it to my OBV. I love my OBV for skiing, and it surfs really well with 750# bags in the rear, center bag removed, and a 650# IBS. I hope others can get out and try this boat. I am curious of what others think.
    Last edited by jstenger; 09-15-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Joe,
    Thanks for the report, too bad you couldn't get pic/video, we are dying here for images...lol. We've heard from the MOJO guys that the goofy side surf can be finicky, even some of the other well known surf boats are goofy side finicky, so that's not all that surprising.

Hey Drew,
    I know beggars can't be choosers, but by any chance have you checked the value of your good will balance at Atlanta Marine?

Quote Originally Posted by trace View Post
    Joe,
    Thanks for the report, too bad you couldn't get pic/video, we are dying here for images...lol. We've heard from the MOJO guys that the goofy side surf can be finicky, even some of the other well known surf boats are goofy side finicky, so that's not all that surprising.
    ok.. I will ask... why? Is it the presence of the captains chair an the in-ability to add weight there?
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

Default Surf the MONDO?

I think it's more about prop rotation

Quote Originally Posted by trace View Post
    Joe,
    Hey Drew,
    I know beggars can't be choosers, but by any chance have you checked the value of your good will balance at Atlanta Marine?
    I'm sure it's in the black, but finding time is the challenge with kid's sports and trying to squeeze as much time in on the H2O as we can before the weather turns on us.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I think it's more about prop rotation
    BINGO!