Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Air Chair / Sky Ski

I am looking for one or the other...anyone have a chair laying around that they want to get rid of?
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Default Air Chair / Sky Ski

One like this , this one got stollen three years ago I'm still looking for one also I'm not willing to pay 2 grand .
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

2008 Moomba LSV, Gravity III, 1100 port.750 in goofy side rear,400 center,650 IBS everything else stock.....Home lake... Glennifer Lake, Alberta Canada...

Bruce - You better bring that with you on your next stop out to Leaf Lake! Great to see you last Wednesday and don't tell our buddies we got behind a SAN!
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Check out Next Foils. It's a new company started by Mike Murphy( the guy who started Skyski) also hit up Marty at N2Orbit he has some good deals.
    Share The Water
    2006 Outback V

Yeah I would love to get into it but spending thousands seems very easy.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

we found an older one for $500 and it is a lot of fun to play around on. Craigslist, ski-it-again.com, and foilforum.com
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Yeah I would love to get into it but spending thousands seems very easy.
    A new one is 5-10% of the cost of a boat, but doubles the value of having the boat for towed watersports. When there's foot-high chop, wakeboarding is more exercise than fun, but you can still foil!
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    A new one is 5-10% of the cost of a boat, but doubles the value of having the boat for towed watersports. When there's foot-high chop, wakeboarding is more exercise than fun, but you can still foil!
    I agree it's perfect for bad water. The basic from Sky Ski is still $1200.00. Gets pricey very fast. Also check out East Coast Hydrofoils. They have a lot of used stuff.
    Share The Water
    2006 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus70 View Post
    I agree it's perfect for bad water. The basic from Sky Ski is still $1200.00. Gets pricey very fast. Also check out East Coast Hydrofoils. They have a lot of used stuff.
    ... and a good one that's worth keeping is at least twice that. So? When buying a boat to enable our usual activities, choosing options like different boat models, engines, cargo covers and so forth involve throwing around money like this all the time. If I had the option between a more powerful engine and a hydrofoil, I'd pick the hydrofoil.

One of the big advantages of the hydrofoil is that it's a fixed cost. You skip the beginner model and go right for a mid-range one. Get the CINCH bindings and strap. Get the shock absorber seat model. Get the neck roll and a good helmet. That's it! The foil is one size fits all. There is no need to fuss with what new boots to get next year or whether a new wing will give more pop. The modern models are well refined and worth owning. You can amortize the cost over the lifetime of the boat, or maybe two boats.

The only way that a hydrofoil is going to lead to increase costs over the long term is with fuel, by enabling you to use your boat in many conditions when you'd normally give up on watersports. Plus, it's much easier on the body. It also works very well with no ballast.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini