Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How much ballast weight do I need?

I want to buy a 440lb launch pad ballast bag that is 15"x15"x50" to put on the passenger side seats.

Is this enough weight with my center and locker ballast filled for wakesurfing?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Deaf you may want to buy 1 more of those and put it on the surf side seat. Unless you have a bunch of friends. Might be enough but I bet you'll need a bit more.

How do you plan to empty/fill the sac?

deafgoose- I run a 250 on top of stock rear surf side bag and 250 on the surf side seat in bow I usually have 4-5 people along for human ballast ~ 750 all sitting on the rail surf side its really good but I plan on getting a 750 bag for the rear so I can put my stock 450 on the seat if i dont have any friends with
    2007 Outback V

The 750lb ballasts are too big to put on the seats.

They are 20"x20"x50". Do I just put that on the floor on the surf side?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I am experimenting with this myself. I have pretty much the same boat as you do. The video I posted under "My first free ride" was done with the front locker with 450, left rear at 400, wakeplate at 10% and two people in the boat that weighed 90 and 140. So I did not have much weight. This weekend, I will have the right side 400 moved to the left side. I ordered a Tsunami pump and some fittings so I can pull the bag out and move it to the seating area without having another bag and more crap in the boat. I just empty it place in the seat and refill with the extra pump, no new plumbing will be involved. I will post pics on Monday.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I have the 800 Strieght Line sack in my surfside locker that I plummbed into my existing system with the 400 in the floor. I also have 2 of the Masterline 250's I use on the seats/locker cover and a Tsunami pump to fill/empty them. This setup with just girlfreind and 3 small kids in the boat is plenty to free surf for long as I want.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    I am experimenting with this myself. I have pretty much the same boat as you do. The video I posted under "My first free ride" was done with the front locker with 450, left rear at 400, wakeplate at 10% and two people in the boat that weighed 90 and 140. So I did not have much weight. This weekend, I will have the right side 400 moved to the left side. I ordered a Tsunami pump and some fittings so I can pull the bag out and move it to the seating area without having another bag and more crap in the boat. I just empty it place in the seat and refill with the extra pump, no new plumbing will be involved. I will post pics on Monday.
    I was going to do the EXACT same thing but I dont think the other 400lb bag is enough. Thats why I bought a 725lb bag.

I will have 1575lb of ballast. I will take some pics and a video for you guys to see.

Quote Originally Posted by c.rix View Post
    deafgoose- I run a 250 on top of stock rear surf side bag and 250 on the surf side seat in bow I usually have 4-5 people along for human ballast ~ 750 all sitting on the rail surf side its really good but I plan on getting a 750 bag for the rear so I can put my stock 450 on the seat if i dont have any friends with
    The 750lb bag won't fit on the left rear locker on the OBV. The biggest that will fit is the Pro X Series Rear Gravity Games Sac that is 565lb. It's 42"x19"x19" and the 750lb sac is 20"x20"x50". Our locker is not long enogh for the 750lb bag.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    The 750lb bag won't fit on the left rear locker on the OBV. The biggest that will fit is the Pro X Series Rear Gravity Games Sac that is 565lb. It's 42"x19"x19" and the 750lb sac is 20"x20"x50". Our locker is not long enogh for the 750lb bag.
    Mabye im being ignored? Like I stated earlyer in this thread, I have the same hull as you and am using an 800# sack thats 50X24 around in my locker, fits fine. Just put it in there and fill it as much as you can. Just trying to help.
    06 Outback V