Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

That looks simple and straight forward enough.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    This is how I did mine…….

Took a 90 deg fitting, some tubing and a few clamps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does this allow Autowake to function properly too or just allow the bags to fully fill?

The overfill water sensors don’t have anything to do with Autowake. The only one I’m aware of that does is the amplitude tube.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    The overfill water sensors don’t have anything to do with Autowake. The only one I’m aware of that does is the amplitude tube.
    That might be the one I’m thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    That might be the one I’m thinking of.

That one is strapped to the wall directly behind the rear seat on mine. Does it need to be raised when installing the WM kit?

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    That one is strapped to the wall directly behind the rear seat on mine. Does it need to be raised when installing the WM kit?

Mine is in same spot. Mine is also never showed amplitude to be accurate. I’ve never seen mine go all the way to the top even with 100 amplitude set and 5600 lbs or so of ballast lol. I read somewhere on here or maybe the FB group that someone had theirs calibrated but not sure how they did that. I never used AW anyways so it’s of little concern to me mine isn’t accurate or display I’m actually loading the boat down.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Mine is in same spot. Mine is also never showed amplitude to be accurate. I’ve never seen mine go all the way to the top even with 100 amplitude set and 5600 lbs or so of ballast lol. I read somewhere on here or maybe the FB group that someone had theirs calibrated but not sure how they did that. I never used AW anyways so it’s of little concern to me mine isn’t accurate or display I’m actually loading the boat down.
    I rarely use AutoWake either, but I did calibrate my amplitude not long after I got the boat. It was easy. There is a YouTube video of someone doing it out there I believe. You do it with the ballast empty, and whatever you consider an average tank of gas. I stood in the center of the boat with it floating freely in calm water. It's just a matter of finding the selection in the vessel menu to re-calibrate the amplitude. Doesn't take long.

2021 Moomba Makai

It don't believe it needs to be raised for the wake makers kit as the point of the kit is to increase your displacement which should increase your "amplitude". Now that being said my amplitude bar is terrible. It has never really worked well as it seems like there is air trapped in it sometimes. I know I have read that it actually needs to "warm up" before it works well so maybe I need to pay attention to it later in my runs but there are times where I have a crew of 8-10 and are at full ballast (4,700 in water and 1k in lead) and the actual side of the bar is just pegged at the bottom. I don't worry about it to much any more as I have disabled the part of the autowake logic that uses it. You can read about that here in ragboy's post #89

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=ragboy

https://wake9.com/2021/07/01/2021-moomba-mojo-settings/

Mine varies as well, sometimes it shows nothing and other times is shows 100% which is why I feel like there might be air stuck in it a times.

I rarely use AutoWake either, but I did calibrate my amplitude not long after I got the boat. It was easy. There is a YouTube video of someone doing it out there I believe. You do it with the ballast empty, and whatever you consider an average tank of gas. I stood in the center of the boat with it floating freely in calm water. It's just a matter of finding the selection in the vessel menu to re-calibrate the amplitude. Doesn't take long.

Did you do the amplitude like that or the inclinometer? I have done my inclinometer like that and I know there is way to calibrate the draft sensor I just don't remember where I read it. If you come across that video can you share it?

I know people have been setting up boats for years with out all of the fancy tech we have now but when I hear that people don't use Autowake I always wonder why. I will admit it took me a little bit to sort it out and get it dialed, but after watching and reading a bunch of Ragboy's stuff on Youtube/Wake9 Autowake works amazing for me and my wave is so consistent. I love it.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I know people have been setting up boats for years with out all of the fancy tech we have now but when I hear that people don't use Autowake I always wonder why. I will admit it took me a little bit to sort it out and get it dialed, but after watching and reading a bunch of Ragboy's stuff on Youtube/Wake9 Autowake works amazing for me and my wave is so consistent. I love it.
    I like that AW identifies where you need to move weight/people to achieve your pitch/roll values but I dislike that it will empty ballast to achieve that. I want the boat at 100% of it's possible displacement always and then I will manually move people or leadbags based on it's recommendations.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I like that AW identifies where you need to move weight/people to achieve your pitch/roll values but I dislike that it will empty ballast to achieve that. I want the boat at 100% of it's possible displacement always and then I will manually move people or leadbags based on it's recommendations.
    While I think we all agree that we want to keep our boats as heavy as possible while we surf I personally don't have the time or the patience to move lead or ask people to sit here or there. We always have a decent crew of 8 on the boat so people are all over and their added weight negates any ballast draining to me. When Ragboy put out his video of where to put the lead I followed it to a T and I have to say it is dead on if you want to just set it and forget it. I had done my own version of lead placement before and it was similar but when I did it his way it worked out perfect. Now I just fill everything up all the way turn on autowake and go. I periodically through the day will flip all the switches and top the bags off and then let it do it's thing again. When surfing regular I am usually at 100, 100, 85 and for goofy it is 100,100,100 but it never drains more than 15% anywhere. I believe Autowake wont drain ballast if it knows that it will need to drain more the 20%. Instead it will tell you that pitch or roll cant be achieved and to basically move people which in that event I will ask a few people to move to the bow as it is only when I have a larger crew on a hot day (everyday here in TX) and everyone is in the cabin trying to get a little shade.

Roberts video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD1wEPrSWuw

Side note and not related to your post Hayden: I know I probably sound like a Ragboy (Robert) fanboy but I honestly feel like he is a huge asset to the surfing world with his wealth of knowledge and information he has out there especially to us SC customers. If you have a Moomba or Supra you can basically go to his youtube, look up your specific model of boat and he has a video telling you the exact formula to get a great wave. Maybe I am in the minority on that but I feel like most other brands don't have this.
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 07-20-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead