Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wakeboard workout routine suggestions

I remember seeing the "gym rats" thread on here a while back but I wanted to start something back up.

Does anyone have a really good workout that they do for getting in wake-boarding shape. I have been out on the lake now 4 times in the last few weeks and notice that I'm getting really tired quick. The first day I went out my legs literally felt like wet spaghetti noodles when I got back into the boat and I was sore for about a week after.

I am 35 years old now but I still really like to get behind the boat and catch as much air as possible. Is there anything that you guys (who are really shredding) are doing for a work out that has helped.

My routine now is

Run 3 miles 4 days a week
    push ups
    sit ups
    dips
    squat jumps
    pull ups
    lunges
    sometimes : burpies (i really need to feel motivated to do these)

I try to do all of these together 4 days a week but even though I'm doing this workout I still feel weak and tired after one 15 minute set.

Any suggestions on a routine, should I be doing this workout together, should I be doing it in a certain order, anything I should delete or add.

I figure my time is limited for going big behind the boat so I want to make the most out of the little bit of youth I have left. Thanks in advance. I also saw this series of videos, is there anything in this series that I should be adding? https://www.youtube.com/user/Wake2WakeFitness

Insanity is awesome for wakeboarding shape. Ive yet to reach the limit of my legs...my grip strength goes way before my legs. 40min 5x/week and you'll be good to go.
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

Cool

I like to stick with the 12oz or pounder curl !!
    Dustin Kennedy
    2009 Moomba XLV GG

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    I like to stick with the 12oz or pounder curl !!
    Unfortunately that's why I'm in the less than optimal shape. Just looking to see what others have been doing. I have tried the p90x thing and that's good. But I was thinking about trying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Unfortunately that's why I'm in the less than optimal shape. Just looking to see what others have been doing. I have tried the p90x thing and that's good. But I was thinking about trying something new.
    wakeboard more often
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    wakeboard more often
    I'm with this also. I have to wakeboard as much as I can. I don't see where exercising helps that much
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

I moved to Atlanta 2 years ago and it's hard to find people to get out on the boat amazingly enough. I remember before I had a boat I would jump all over the opportunity to go wakeboarding. Now it's hard to find people since I have a good boat.

x2 on Insanity! Very good cardio and leg workouts!
    Also, just by doing 50 air squats every morning and throw in some box jumps when the burn starts getting less should help for a simple fix!
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Insanity for the cardio and core. I have also recently started doing TRX workouts and these are killer for grip strength and a full body workout.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

The key is to strengthen your core. When that is weak, you compensate with other muscle groups which fatigue them much faster.
    I do a lot of strength training and lifting. It has helped me out tons with wakeboarding, just need to up my cardio a bit.