Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Well, thanks for the advice guys. Had two more adults and another kid on the boat last night. We stuffed them up in the bow and ran 10 ~ 10.2 with the wake plate up. I also took the center fin out.

I was able to free ride several times... Only made not about 100 yards each time but not bad for the third run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See how much better that wave looks, nice clean dark water section to surf in.

Looking a lot better bud
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I got tired of watching everyone else surfing the solid wave on the regular side so last night I gave it a try. The first few pulls were a little sketchy since I'm not used to riding switch but I was able to ride ropeless after about 30 minutes It was just my wife and son (4 yr old) in the boat, front and surf side ballast full, 1/4 tank of gas and the wave was still solid.

I have to say, surfing is fun. I still love to wakeboard but I can surf for a lot longer and it's pretty painless when you wipe out which is a plus I don't think I'll be pulling an 360's, airs or shuvits any time soon but I hope to get there some day.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    I got tired of watching everyone else surfing the solid wave on the regular side so last night I gave it a try. The first few pulls were a little sketchy since I'm not used to riding switch but I was able to ride ropeless after about 30 minutes It was just my wife and son (4 yr old) in the boat, front and surf side ballast full, 1/4 tank of gas and the wave was still solid.

I have to say, surfing is fun. I still love to wakeboard but I can surf for a lot longer and it's pretty painless when you wipe out which is a plus I don't think I'll be pulling an 360's, airs or shuvits any time soon but I hope to get there some day.
    That's the allure of wake surfing. Hard core Wake Boards hate on it but its not replacing any sports.

We hit the water, and any and everyone who wants to wake board, wake skate does there sets. When there arms and bodies are sore from pulls, wipe outs, then we ballast up and Surf till the day is gone.

Surfing is great because almost anyone can do it, we have lots of over 50 and into 60 people who have come out with us and been able to do it. You should see the grin on their face when they pull up and feel like they can do what the younger ones are doing still.

It might be as simple as standing on a board and the boat is pulling them, but to them, they are doing something behind the boat and fit into that crowd.

I wish I could pull flips, high jumps from wake to wake and 360s, 180s, on a wake board, I'm just not that skilled and the falls I have had are pretty rough, wind knocked out of me, gotten pulled out of my wake board, face plants so hard my head hurts all day.

Those type of things just aren't worth it to me to lose an entire day of fun.

One last thing is, when surfing the rider can express there excitement, if they want the wave changed, a music track skipped LOL. The boat crew can interact with the rider. For me its just a more personal experience then having someone 50-75 ft back where they can't hear us, or anything. But a good wake boarder is always a pleasure to watch with amazement.
    Last edited by mmandley; 05-30-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

So I've had a total of 7 sets on the surf board, the last 4 have been on the regular side. My sister took this video of me this weekend... not near hitting the 360 but I'm pretty happy with my progress... especially since I've not really done anything switch before (I'm normally goofy foot). I'm also pretty happy with the wake, this is at 9.7mph with 900 in the locker, center tank and IBS full with 5 adults and 3 kids under 5 in the boat. Wake plate 1/2 to 3/4 up.

2022 Moomba Mojo

Thats some serious smooth riding for you in the switch position. I know my Surf life would be a lot less stressful if everyone was a regular surfer LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default '13 Mojo Wakesurfing Setup/Help/Tips

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I know my Surf life would be a lot less stressful if everyone was a regular surfer LOL.
    Amen to that
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Yeah, it takes a while to fill bags... especially with little ones on board that love to swim and play at the beach. The wave is better and I was just learning anyway, so I figured I'd give switch a try... should help with my wakeboarding as well.
    2022 Moomba Mojo