Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I can throw the hook onto the max from the trailer so the wife's feet stay nice and dry..... not super comfortable but doable.
    So if you drive the boat onto the trailer, do you have to climb out of the boat and onto the trailer tongue? I drove a max onto the trailer after a demo and I couldn't have told you if the bow eye was anywhere close to the roller. On my XLV, it's so easy to tell when I'm centered and all the way up. On the Max I was clueless.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

This post made me think twice when dropping in the boat on Sunday.

The ramp had a few logs to clear, so I walked down to move them. Nothing like a good fall on the ramp when your trying not to bust your azz. Dang, it was slick.

Jumped back in the truck, put it in 4x4, backed down and dropped her in.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So if you drive the boat onto the trailer, do you have to climb out of the boat and onto the trailer tongue? I drove a max onto the trailer after a demo and I couldn't have told you if the bow eye was anywhere close to the roller. On my XLV, it's so easy to tell when I'm centered and all the way up. On the Max I was clueless.
    It’s not nearly as straightforward as my buddies mondo or outback, but you develop a feel for it. Am I perfectly straight each time, no... I’ll be off an inch one side or the other and occasionally perfect. I only trailer 200 yards so I am not very picky. I have a steep ramp and with the Max I can also unhook at the top and she stays put but I usually am the one launching by my lonely self and keep her hooked.

I do leave it in gear a bit to keep her pressed against the roller while I reach over and hook it up. Anything to keep the wife enjoying boating (I also do almost all the wipe down and boat prep etc ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    It’s not nearly as straightforward as my buddies mondo or outback, but you develop a feel for it. Am I perfectly straight each time, no... I’ll be off an inch one side or the other and occasionally perfect. I only trailer 200 yards so I am not very picky. I have a steep ramp and with the Max I can also unhook at the top and she stays put but I usually am the one launching by my lonely self and keep her hooked.

I do leave it in gear a bit to keep her pressed against the roller while I reach over and hook it up. Anything to keep the wife enjoying boating (I also do almost all the wipe down and boat prep etc ).

I'm spoiled. The wife is always ready to drive the boat off the trailer, drive the truck once I've put the boat back on the trailer, drive me as much as I want skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, and foiling.

And she's taken point on all the wipe down while I take care of gear in the boat.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Heads up, Slippery boat launch

I'm spoiled. The wife is always ready to drive the boat off the trailer, drive the truck once I've put the boat back on the trailer, drive me as much as I want skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, and foiling.

And she's taken point on all the wipe down while I take care of gear in the boat.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    That is a keeper for sure!

I will admit that I kind of took over the role, as the alternative of bathing and feeding kids vs pampering the boat was an easy decision for me lol. My other buddies wives won’t even attempt backing the trailer up... “so I have that going for me, which is nice.” Bill Murray

Last edited by FamilyMan; 09-24-2019 at 12:39 AM.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

If you have long arms you don't have to get out lol. I can't reach it but my husband can. I don't have to get out of the truck. I just back him in and he in hooks and takes off, when we pick up I back down and get out to hook him up and get the boat all the way on the trailer.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Lol y’all don’t even want to see the maneuver I have to do when loading and unloading the Max. I do a dive into the boat from the trailer and carefully have to crawl off the bow when hooking up. I don’t powerload so I always walk my boat off the bunks until it floats or come in and let the boat settle on the bunks then winch the boat to the bow roller the remaining 6” or so.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Lol y’all don’t even want to see the maneuver I have to do when loading and unloading the Max. I do a dive into the boat from the trailer and carefully have to crawl off the bow when hooking up. I don’t powerload so I always walk my boat off the bunks until it floats or come in and let the boat settle on the bunks then winch the boat to the bow roller the remaining 6” or so.
    This is exactly what I have to do. I typically launch the boat by myself and just hope nobody is watching. I know one day when crawling out of the bow onto the trailer to unhook, I’m going to miss the trailer with my foot and end up on someone’s Instagram. With my LSV, I could reach everything from inside the boat. There’s no way for me with the max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

too bad the boat buddy wasn't more reliable. had it on the front of my old supra trailer and when it worked I could be on the trailer locked in and up the ramp in under a minute without ever leaving the drivers seat....

when it worked it was money. when it didn't it sucked and could leave a boat on the ramp.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten