Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Got to put her in the water today at lake Tobesofkee (a tiny lake in Macon, GA) and actually got to wakeboard behind her! The rebuilt carb and tuneup did the trick and she ran GREAT.
    I did, however, find a water leak where the exhaust pipe clamps to the tip. It was a pretty good stream from the port exhaust tip. I noticed that the added thickness of the transom drastically reduced the amount of area the rubber pipe can clamp to, there's maybe only about an inch of exhaust tip for the pipe to seal around. The starboard didn't leak at all. I think my solution will just be to order new exhaust tips that, from the pictures, look way longer than the stock ones and they come with flappers. So I'll probably order those soon. For now I'll see how silicone does so I can take her up to Sinclair Sunday.
    I also took the speedometers apart because one was sticking and both had dead bugs and crap all in them. Got them moving freely and both seem to work great. I cleaned the lenses, faces, housing and painted the bezels since they were faded to metal.

Here's a few pics right before I left for the lake, at the ramp and the speedos apart.

-Eric
    1998 Outback

Una mas
    -Eric
    1998 Outback

Just a note. I'm not sure if you remounted the Airguide speedo pickups but the aftermarket pickups is all that is available and they have a different hole pattern. You may want to consider going directly to those as Airguide is no longer around and save from redrilling holes if you glassed that area over. Skidim has the replacements and mine will need to be changed out soon. BTW, the boat looks sharp.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 98Roo View Post
    For now I'll see how silicone does so I can take her up to Sinclair Sunday.
    Baker,

I'm really wanting to see your boat! It's looking great. I have to leave Sinclair earlier than usual on Sunday, but if you get out early enough, I will be in the Island Creek area.

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Just a note. I'm not sure if you remounted the Airguide speedo pickups but the aftermarket pickups is all that is available and they have a different hole pattern. You may want to consider going directly to those as Airguide is no longer around and save from redrilling holes if you glassed that area over. Skidim has the replacements and mine will need to be changed out soon. BTW, the boat looks sharp.
    The deed is done and the factory ones are already mounted back. If they break I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Baker,

I'm really wanting to see your boat! It's looking great. I have to leave Sinclair earlier than usual on Sunday, but if you get out early enough, I will be in the Island Creek area.
    Wolfe,
    If things go as planned, I'll have the leak repaired tomorrow and plan to be up on Sinclair Sunday morning as I'd like to get some skiing in before the water gets choppy. Well, at least I'll try to. It's been a while since I've been on a slalom.
    Last edited by 98Roo; 07-20-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    -Eric
    1998 Outback

Let me know. I'll PM you my cell number. Wind has been bad the last few days. We had whitecaps breaking around 2-5 pm today, but it cleaned up after that.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Let me know. I'll PM you my cell number. Wind has been bad the last few days. We had whitecaps breaking around 2-5 pm today, but it cleaned up after that.
    I was on the way to the lake when I texted you the other day. I left my phone in the car when we got on the water so I didn't have your number but we did some wakeboarding around the island creek area for quite a while Sunday.

The boat ran great with no issues...other than a tiny leak around the exhaust tip. New tips from GLS are on the way, hopefully I'll get them tomorrow. They look quite a bit longer so it should solve the leak. My only hickup was in the evening when I decided to take the boat out of the water. Idled around towards the cove over where the ramp is, throttled up and nothing. Died and wouldn't crank back up. Fuel gauge said I had an 1/8 tank. Turns out the gauge is wrong and the tank was bone dry lol..luckily my cousin was cruising around in his boat and gave me a tow.

I plan to take a lot more pictures of the boat this weekend. Only got a few of me on the board and also on a ski for the first time in close to 10 years. I am still sore 3 days later.

-Eric
    1998 Outback

Here are some final updates probably until I decide which tower I am going to buy and install.
    I had an issue where the exhaust hose wouldn't seal to the exhaust tips and had water leaking into the boat when sitting or idling. I ordered some new 3" tips from greatlakesskipper. You can see how short the stock tips were inside the boat. They probably sealed fine without the extra thickness of the transom but since about an inch of thickness was added to the transom and the fact that the tips are actually only 2.75", even on the outside where the flappers connect, the hoses wouldn't seal. The new tips have about 6" for the hose to seal to and are 3" for the whole length. I didn't cut any off which means I'd probably have to remove the tips to take out the exhaust hose but I really don't plan on doing that ever again.

-Eric
    1998 Outback

Lookin' good!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Lookin' good!
    Thanks!

Here's a couple more pics of the boat in the water.. Still waiting on Seadek to make my platform pad....

-Eric
    1998 Outback