Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Gotcha, makes sense now. My assumption was you were cutting weight, my bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was the original plan, but have tweaked it to try and just cut fat (who knows how well that’ll go!)

--
    2019 Craz

Ive never had a back issues until July of last year where I must have done something to it while doing Romanian dead lifts. Then the next day I proceeded to to squats and normal dead lifts only to aggravate it more. Since then I’ve had issues. Started getting better until about 2 weeks ago I squats and lunges one more morning. Felt good all day but the next day I hurt like crap. Pain is better than it was but still there and it sucks because I’m not good at not being active. Did more dead lifts today so I’ll see how I feel tomorrow lol. I like to use the trap bar for them to prevent back stress as much as possible but if I’m hurting tomorrow I may have to cut them out too.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

If you are getting the searing pain shooting down your buttocks and leg, I for sure would stop any spine loading or shearing exercise.

The thing about disc injuries are they don’t show up right away, I normally have 1-3 days delay and then massive pain.

If you are lucky they can heal, if after a month the pain is still there, it’s time to get an mri.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

No shooting pain down my leg or butt. It’s pretty localized to just the mid left side of my lower back. It’s nothing so excruciating that’s I can’t move, just makes doing things I enjoy not enjoyable.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Getting old is a biatch!!!
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Hilarious

https://youtu.be/ghfGdEilxZg

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Hilarious

https://youtu.be/ghfGdEilxZg

Ouch. Some of those looked brutal.
    2019 Supra SL450

Every time I dead lift, my back gets jacked up. I concentrate on perfect form a lot. I think it hurts worse to do them that way than if I just moved the weight.

I think a lot of people simply don’t have good body proportions to dead lift.

Torso/ trunk/leg/arm lengths all are huge factors.

They make bars specific for shorter arms/torso or simply raise the bar using blocks.

My mechanics for the deadlift sucks. Trunk is longer than torso and I lean too far forward.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    Every time I dead lift, my back gets jacked up. I concentrate on perfect form a lot. I think it hurts worse to do them that way than if I just moved the weight.

I would try it off of blocks or just do half racks then

--
    2019 Craz