Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moved ballast switches

Maybe it is just me but I hate how the ballast switches are down low on the side of the drivers seat on my 07 LSV. I was always having to lean down so i could see the switches to make sure they were on or not. I was worried about leaving them on draining by accident and burning up the motor. So I decided to move it up by the armrest were it is easy access and visible. Not too hard to do:

1. removed seat and throttle
    2. disconnect all the electrical connections from behind the panel for the stereo controls, wake plate, ballast switches, and check engine/v drive lights and engine cut off.
    3. remove 4 screw caps and screws and remove the entire panel.
    4. Remove the ballast switch plate and decide where you want it positioned on the panel.
    5. I used a razor blade to cut where the plate was going to go and then scraped off the vinyl and then cut out the hole on the hard backing with a jig saw.
    6. placed the panel back in place and traced out the hole onto the fiber glass so I knew where to cut.
    7. cut out the hole in the fiberglass.
    8. replaced the panel and reconnected all the electrical. The wiring harness for the ballast does not need to be modified at all, just simply plug it back in to the new position. While I had the electrical wires disconnected for the engine cut off/lanyard, I modified the two ends and plugged them in together so the switch in no longer connected (I had problems with the seat bumping the switch and cutting out the engine).
    9. replace the throttle and seat and you're all done.

we were on the lake last week and I loved having the switches in plain sight and easy to use. No issue at all with bumping the switches with the right arm as you are driving.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Nice relocate! What are you doing with the old space-- covering it or leaving it or putting something in there?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I am looking for a piece of black material, either metal or plastic, to cover it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Ever thought of fabbing up a little cubby tray or pouch on the inner wall to hold things such as keys or sunglasses? Then just make a trim ring for the outside to finish it off.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Ever thought of fabbing up a little cubby tray or pouch on the inner wall to hold things such as keys or sunglasses? Then just make a trim ring for the outside to finish it off.
    This is a great idea! I would come to rely on it if I had it...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    My old boat had several of these and they were handy. The pouch was made with a dark grey or black vinyl material, like a kangaroo pouch for lack of a better description. The panel was upholstered so the main covering material was simply wrapped around the opening and then the pouch was stapled from the inside (panel was wood). Dead simple and could be easily done DIY style. Maybe a strong glue to the fiberglass and then just some trim - even just the split rubber edging stuff.

Great... now I'm adding another project to the list. This place is dangerous.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

My Malibu Response LX had exactly what you are describing in this same place. It was a very handy small storage area.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

I hadn't thought of it but it does sound good. I will have to start brain storming.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

What about something like this?

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=200803563759
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Nice Mod. Easier to get to for sure. Always wondered why they put them so far down in the first place, looked like a after thought down by the floor IMO.

Making the old location some type of cubby for small items would be handy. Old Response had small pouch and was great for ipod for tunes and sunglasses.
    2014 MOOMBA LSV
    1998 Response LX (sold)