Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blue Sea ACR Install

Hey all,
    New to this forum since this fall. Been lurking around finding stuff to add on to my new (to me) '07 LSV. I traded a 2010 Seadoo Challenger in on it. Got to test drive it, buy it, then put it away for the winter. That was terrible. Many a beer was had while garage boating over the cold months. That leads me to the ACR. I want to thank everyone on here for the knowledge and expertise, specifically Al and Squeeg. Their posts and pictures for this install were invaluable. I will attach some pics of the install process if I can figure out how! Oh, also just added an 1100 sack on standard side from wakemakers. Thanks for recommending them as well! After my initial shakedown run last week, I noticed the standard side wake wasn't nearly big enough

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2007 LSV

Looks good, but I have a couple of housekeeping questions. Where are the opaque red cables from the ACR, connecting to? They can actually connect right to the switch, thus leaving you with about a 6" length of cable. And is the amp(s) connecting directly to the battery or to the switch post 2-B?

The cables from the ACR each run through a 100 amp breaker behind the bulkhead, to their respective side positive battery post. The cables from the switch do the same. My amps are connected to the switch directly on the house side.
    2007 LSV

Used this diagram from another site as well, it was helpful in that it showed that you don't need a common ground bus bar. image.jpg
    2007 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    The cables from the ACR each run through a 100 amp breaker behind the bulkhead, to their respective side positive battery post. The cables from the switch do the same. My amps are connected to the switch directly on the house side.
    Electrically, your configuration is fine, until a charger is introduced. if that point comes, you would need to relocate those ACR cables to to boat side posts 1 and 2. This isolates the ACR from the charger.

Does it matter which post on the switch the ACR would need to be connected to, top or bottom, and they'd still need the breakers right? I doubt I'll add a charger, for right now I plan on pulling the batts for the winter to store inside my house where it's warmer. I have a smart charger that I'll use to tend them. Thanks for checking it out!
    2007 LSV

In regards to charger being part of the scheme, the charger gets connected directly to the batteries, therefore, the 2 ACR cables need to be on switch posts that are the starter and house loads, not the battery side of the switch.

If the length is short, there is no need to those breakers. When the switch is off, the ACR is disconnected from the batteries. If there is an internal issue with the ACR, the fuse on the ground coil control wire should pop, opening the relay putting it out of service.