Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question hull color cost on boat builder site vs same accent color

I put my deposit down for a new Max yesterday. While building some boats on the boat builder I noticed something strange and I just want to make sure i build the boat correctly as far as gel options go.

When i select the $280 gel accent color it also colors in the bottom hull on the render making me think the lower hull is painted at the same time as the upper accent for no additional charge...

However with the Sport color scheme you can also select an additional hull color for an additional $300 cost....

My question is does the accent cost include the lower hull if it's the same color and that if I do use the same color I should NOT also select the same color as the accent, thus charging myself for no reason? Or is this a mistake on the builder site and I need to add colors for each section if if they're the same color? Hope that was not confusing to you as it is to me

Default hull color cost on boat builder site vs same accent color

This is where your dealer comes in. My sales guy was really good with the builder and did some unique build options that I didn’t find.

Have your dealer fine tune exactly what you want.

Gel is injection molded and they should be able to inject a different bottom color.

Just can’t put multiple metal flakes side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 01-27-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    This is where your dealer comes in. My sales guy was really good with the builder and did some unique build options that I didn’t find.

Have your dealer fine tune exactly what you want.

He said he would go over everything with me so that we get what I want. I'm not worried when it comes time to put in the build as i'm just goofing off on the build site today. I'm just trying to see if I even need to charge myself the hull color if it automatically adds the color when i select the accent color? I would bother him (again lol) but he's busy at the boat show and we're looking at possibly snow for Tuesday, so I probably won't hear from him until Wed or so would be my guess.

I believe when you select hull color for 300 extra that does the inside of the boat, in the pacific blue. Other wise it probably be just a white inside

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    I believe when you select hull color for 300 extra that does the inside of the boat, in the pacific blue. Other wise it probably be just a white inside

On the Max the inside cockpit is either white or platinum. The only way exterior color can come into the cockpit is from the upper accent color you pick. It comes over the gunnel area before switching to the white or platinum cockpit color.

image.jpg

Yeah I see what your saying now. Looks like you found a way to save 300 bucks

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    Yeah I see what your saying now. Looks like you found a way to save 300 bucks
    This was my first thought
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Default hull color cost on boat builder site vs same accent color

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

Yep and answering questions. Here’s the configurator welt vs real life. Wish the site did a better job of showing the actual color. We almost didn’t go with the pacific blue welt because of the way it looked online, thank goodness the dealer had other pictures to send us

--
    2019 Craz

The online colors don’t do justice to the real thing.

Know this, reality is the colors match perfectly to the exterior.

Looks way better in person.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Whoa that pacific blue looks almost like captain blue from the online configuration, just not quite as dark.

My wife originally wasn't a fan of the ultra blue and said she didn't like the hue of blue. I told her it looks nothing like that in person and then I googled to show her some real boats with it. She saw the light then and likes how we built it. My second build has silver with pacific blue hull and white top but the more I look st it I keep coming back to the first build. Wished there were just a few more interior color choices and options but I liked how it turned out. Would really have liked a ultra blue welt though but settled for dark graphite.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by haknslash; 01-29-2019 at 10:43 PM.