Default New head unit...One more time.

So I would like to upgrade to a new H/U. I want to stay with an Kenwood that will work with my wired puck style remote. I would like it to also have a wireless remote so I can change songs from the shore. I would also want it to have a USB input for my Iphone so I can get rid of the P.O.S. hook up my head unit that I have now has. Any thoughts? I am trying to go as cheap as possible and still get what I want...Please help. I think the boss has given me the Okay to pull the triger.

I am in the same boat and was going to go with the KDC-x395. It has 3 sets of 4V preouts and is iPhone compatible - has USB and Aux input on the front panel. Has a wireless remote. Is compatiible with the remote pucks. Goes for about $120 shipped online, or pick one up at Car Toys for $140.

But I have decided to try a different approach - I am going to go without a head unit and instead go with a Clarion EQ at the helm and just plug my iPhone into that.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Just ordered the KDC x395...

Cool, let us know how you like it.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    Just ordered the KDC x395...
    I know you already ordered but this is what we got and could not be happier. Kenwood 700U It sounds great and the coolest part is that you can use ipod or usb and store it inside the unit. We have never used the CD player in our boat anyway. Also has Dual Zone Control for the towers if you need it. The cheapest I found it for was $200.00 shipped.

h113KMR700U-f_mt.jpgh113KMR700U-T_USB.jpg

Just to through this out there I am selling the Sony stereo and remote my GF bought for my B-day. (She didn't know I already had ordered the Kenwood and I did not want to hurt her feelings.) We used it for about a month and a half and I "faked" an problem so I could put the new one in (shhhh don't tell her). I still liked the Sony, but I liked the storage compartment enough to swap it. I was asking $175.00 but am open to offers. It doesn't do me any good sitting in the closet.

sony-cdx-h910ui-device.jpgbig_rmx55m.jpg

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

I've been looking into the KMR-440, does that 700U still work with the puck style drivers control? I think its a KCA-RC60 or something..... I see you have the RC107 with the digital reading for song and what not which would be awesome on the transon, but It sure would look goofy to replace the RC60 I got up by the drivers helm that is molded for that oval control....
    CBAarestad

2004 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cbaarestad View Post
    I've been looking into the KMR-440, does that 700U still work with the puck style drivers control? I think its a KCA-RC60 or something..... I see you have the RC107 with the digital reading for song and what not which would be awesome on the transon, but It sure would look goofy to replace the RC60 I got up by the drivers helm that is molded for that oval control....
    I think it still works. I have the molded plastic panel also and I think mine looks pretty good. You can choose to flush mount it or cut out to recess it. I choose to flush mount it and it looks like it is supposed to be there. I'll try to take a pic if I work on the boat this weekend.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

08LSV, I know this thread is a couple months old, but you wouldn't still have that Sony head unit and remote for sale would you?
    Brandon

2000 Moomba Outback LS
    2001 American Skier LazAir Edition
    1991 Ski Tastic Inboard