Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Depending on what and how you want to do this. I am one of many that a couple years ago switched to the Polk DB651 inboard speakers. Personally to me it was a very dramatic change in sound quality. One that to this day i still get complimented on. I changed out my head unit to allow for more external out puts etc which the original head unit did not. I went with a Alpine Digital 5 channel amp, which was similar money to Kicker 5 channel, maybe slightly less and i went with the sealed Kicker Sub unit which for me sounds great.

I had and or have no intentions to have tower speakers as most music i/we listen to is during down time between ski sets etc. This system ROCKS yet was pretty budget minded, being slightly more than what your start point is. For me its all i want and need, yet still can be modified.

Like everything just a matter of how much you want and how much you are willing to spend. Go in steps and enjoy. Tons of good info and advice on here , take advantage and Good luck.
    07 Outback DD

Just an FYI, the Alpine PDX-5M is currently $750, so $150 more than the kicker KXM800.5. $200 more then the previous ZXM700.5 A/B amp at the time the 700.5 was out.

If you want a Kicker Amp, I feel this is a pretty good deal.

http://www.halfpricecaraudio.com/Kic...10ZXM700.5.htm

Thanks for the info. I installed my new DB 651's and they do sound much better. Next up will be the head unit.

What head unit did you go with?

Didn't get one yet. I do want a head unit though... I know some are justing running an EQ. I do listen to the radio (Brewer games, etc.), so I definitely want one. There's so many to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Deekmann View Post
    What head unit did you go with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deekmann View Post
    Didn't get one yet. I do want a head unit though... I know some are justing running an EQ. I do listen to the radio (Brewer games, etc.), so I definitely want one. There's so many to choose from.
    You're doing your own Q&A now? You can just post updates - we are interested in your progress.

How are you guys saying he runs his 6 speakers and sub with the 5 channel.. Curious since I'm fixing to do the same. What speakers are you combining on the channels? Maybe I missed something but I'm double checking

$600 FAE is the first start. Hands down the best stereo upgrade for the money and you get rid of the exhaust issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CMAC21 View Post
    How are you guys saying he runs his 6 speakers and sub with the 5 channel.. Curious since I'm fixing to do the same. What speakers are you combining on the channels? Maybe I missed something but I'm double checking
    This a very common setup. In most cases, bow speakers are on the front half of the amp and the two pair on the main cabin are on the rear half.