Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Boating Vacations in Central OR (Surf/Wake/Ski/Camp/etc)

So, it's been a number of years since I've done a boating vacation, but now that I own a boat I'm starting to think more seriously about it for summer 2014.

I know a decent number of you are from the Pacific NW, and are probably familar with some of the good Central Oregon spots.

Right now I'm thinking mid July as our first choice with Mid June as our 2nd choice of timeframe.

Of course the first place that comes to mind is Cove Palisades State park on Lake Billy Chinook. Another that seems worth consideration is Prineville Reservoir state park.

I haven't been to LBC in 8+ years. And it's been since I was in High School since I've been to Prineville Reservoir.

Any insight for me? Any other hot spots I should consider? Anyone else planning a summer vacation along those lines?

Now is the time to start thinking about this since booking for June is already live and booking for July is very soon approaching.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My preference is Prineville. Both LBC and Prineville get strong afternoon winds.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I will be at LBC Memorial Day, July 4th, and the first week of August.

-Jake

How's the weather / water temps around Memorial day Jake?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    How's the weather / water temps around Memorial day Jake?
    Weather was great this year. I think it was at or around 80 the entire weekend. Usually we get some rain but it's overall decent. Water temps. Burrrr..59 most of the lake except cold water up the river arms, warmest is by the dam at 62. Pics above were July 4th, water was up to 70 iirc.
    -Jake

Default Re: Boating Vacations in Central OR (Surf/Wake/Ski/Camp/etc)

Its a bit of a haul but crescent bar is awesome. Get a condo and a slip and your set for a week. Pools, bar, store, pizza place, in wine country. Place is bad azz.

PWI as usual...

We goto LBC every year and NEVER go before July due to cold water and unpredictable weather.

Green Peter is a nice camp place,

Havnt been to Prinville or Cresent but looking to make some trip to them next year.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Its a bit of a haul but crescent bar is awesome. Get a condo and a slip and your set for a week. Pools, bar, store, pizza place, in wine country. Place is bad azz.
    +1 we go there often, mostly always a fun time
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

You should also consider Shasta althought it's a bit of a haul. We went there for the first time this August and air temp was in the 100's and water temp about 78-80 which for me, is about the perfect combination of temps.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default Re: Boating Vacations in Central OR (Surf/Wake/Ski/Camp/etc)

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Oh yeah, its 25min form the gorge amphitheater. Plan your trip around a concert and your dialed.

PWI as usual...