Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    I finally went out on a Max today. It was disappointing. The surf wave was tiny and short. All of the autowake stuff leaves me a bit concerned to. I didn't work like I thought it would or near as good for that matter. I am not sure what to do now.
    LOL! That is unfortunate you wasted your time. The Max is an insanely good boat. Buy whatever you get FOR THE BOAT. Surfing can be taken care of. The max is among the best once taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    The stock wave isn't going to set records or blow your mind. I don't know of any tow boat that will do that for less than $100k. They all seem to take extra weight or a large crew to really open them up. Look at any of the other Max owner waves on here where they have added midship ballast and a little lead to the bow. The wave once dialed and setup looks legit...

Attachment 28093

Attachment 28094

Attachment 28095
    That is pretty solid right there. The wave we saw was no where near close to this. What I saw you could surf, but it would not be worth the upgrade from my present boat. I'm a nervous Nelly, but I think what I need to do is fire down the $$ and upgrade the ballast right out of the gate.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

My dealer is installing new rear bags when it gets here, 1k extra. For free. Negotiate that into your deal!
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

I was also underwhelmed with the wave initially. I could surf it, but beginners or 100kg'rs had real trouble dropping the rope. Pocket was small. Added 1400lbs myself in an afternoon...wasnt difficult, honest (I am not a big DIY with jeepin's or Z28's skills). Its practically plug and play easy except you bring the hose and connections. I am sure the wake makers new system is even easier.

Anyways, now I have experienced surfer folks....mostly the women..... with older suck gate boats (buddies with an 07 lsv and 12 mondo) who have asked me to make the wave smaller by adding speed, center plate, or dropping some rear weight.

If you are getting the boat because you dig the space, the free wall, and the price...you won't be disappointed. I keep an incredible amount of crap in my boat. I don't even use the wakeboard racks...might take them down honestly.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I was also underwhelmed with the wave initially. I could surf it, but beginners or 100kg'rs had real trouble dropping the rope. Pocket was small. Added 1400lbs myself in an afternoon...wasnt difficult, honest (I am not a big DIY with jeepin's or Z28's skills). Its practically plug and play easy except you bring the hose and connections. I am sure the wake makers new system is even easier.

Anyways, now I have experienced surfer folks....mostly the women..... with older suck gate boats (buddies with an 07 lsv and 12 mondo) who have asked me to make the wave smaller by adding speed, center plate, or dropping some rear weight.

If you are getting the boat because you dig the space, the free wall, and the price...you won't be disappointed. I keep an incredible amount of crap in my boat. I don't even use the wakeboard racks...might take them down honestly.
    Space is of my least concern. I am looking for boat that wont dip in the nose in turn around, larger passenger space, and ease of operation ( no suck gates, no filling of bag in passenger areas to content with.) -Hence, Back if off the lift, fill bags and have a nice surf able wave. Good Wakeboard wake ect.
    2019 MAX

Space is of my least concern. I am looking for boat that wont dip in the nose in turn around, larger passenger space, and ease of operation ( no suck gates, no filling of bag in passenger areas to content with.) -Hence, Back if off the lift, fill bags and have a nice surf able wave. Good Wakeboard wake ect.
    If you end up dipping a max nose you have major troubles on your hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Max can certainly do that and you’d still have room for days. Just upgrade to add midship ballast and it comes to life. I plan on adding two 750 lbs bags midship piggybacked off the rears just like the other have done. Results speak for themselves and seems like a simply mod to do on the Max. I forgot to check if the 2019 still had the divider wall or if there is any drilling involved like the previous years. I would not worry with dipping the nose on a Max. It has a lot of freeboard and I never saw the bow come close when we demo the boat with stock ballast. Also take in consideration maybe they didn’t have your demo boat setup to show you the best it could make in stock form granted it won’t be a monster stock but maybe he had settings off making it worse than it could be. Either way you’ll want to add probably 1,000 lbs minimum to get a really nice wave. Not a big thing to do especially if you’re not upgrading the rear bags as well. I’m starting midship and working from there.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-25-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

... I forgot to check if the 2019 still had the divider wall or if there is any drilling involved like the previous years. I would not worry with dipping the nose on a Max. It has a lot of freeboard and I never saw the bow come close when we demo the boat with stock ballast.
    At the boat show I checked the 19....had the sweet new battery door like the makai, but the divider remains with no pass through.

I would venture to say that no properly weighted boat can take their own surf rollers if you turn directly into them without giving a little gas...granted, the Max you practically can with minimal water coming over....ask my how I know haha (wife's first time pulling me and me forgetting about assumptions). I usually cut the gas, wait a second, give it some reverse and circle around anyway. Now my buddies 2021 mondo, well that thing would take water from wakeboard wake sized rollers when weighted down.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

The Max can certainly do that and you’d still have room for days. Just upgrade to add midship ballast and it comes to life. I plan on adding two 750 lbs bags midship piggybacked off the rears just like the other have done. Results speak for themselves and seems like a simply mod to do on the Max. I forgot to check if the 2019 still had the divider wall or if there is any drilling involved like the previous years. I would not worry with dipping the nose on a Max. It has a lot of freeboard and I never saw the bow come close when we demo the boat with stock ballast. Also take in consideration maybe they didn’t have your demo boat setup to show you the best it could make in stock form granted it won’t be a monster stock but maybe he had settings off making it worse than it could be. Either way you’ll want to add probably 1,000 lbs minimum to get a really nice wave. Not a big thing to do especially if you’re not upgrading the rear bags as well. I’m starting midship and working from there.
    Correct me if I am wrong, the stock rear bags in the max are 800's? I currently have 2 spare 910's. For sure they wont fit under that side seats ( that is where you are talking about placing the additional ballast correct? And YES, there is a divider wall between rear ballast area and midship storage so a bulkhead fitting would need to be added as well as plumbing.)

I am wondering if I can use the 910s in the rear and add some other bags in the midship area? OR should I just do it right the first time and add the 1200's in the back and 500's in the side and call it all done from the get go?

On a side note, I forget what the stock prop is on the max, but it seems to be geared well from the start. Is that your feeling?
    2019 MAX

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    At the boat show I checked the 19....had the sweet new battery door like the makai, but the divider remains with no pass through.

I would venture to say that no properly weighted boat can take their own surf rollers if you turn directly into them without giving a little gas...granted, the Max you practically can with minimal water coming over....ask my how I know haha (wife's first time pulling me and me forgetting about assumptions). I usually cut the gas, wait a second, give it some reverse and circle around anyway. Now my buddies 2021 mondo, well that thing would take water from wakeboard wake sized rollers when weighted down.
    The divider between the middle seats and the rear bags in my max isn’t a wall. You can see the bags from looking underneath the side seats. There’s a hump between the seats and the rear bags, but there shouldn’t be any drilling required to add additional hoses/bags, at least in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold