Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    sorry phil! let me clarify on the crossover i was referring to. it is the built in crossover in the hlcd's. there is a 0db & a 6db setting depending if the horn & mid are in parallel, which mine are in parallel.

i looked at the settings yesterday evening:
    amp 1 & 2 are set to Hi
    the crossover freq knob was set appx 120Hz. i've adjusted down to 80Hz
    i left the gain as is.
    the bass boost knob (on face of the amp) was turned up. i've adjusted down to zero.

i'll check it out this weekend & see what happens. if it still cuts out, i'll probably get the zxm450.2.

thanks for the help guys!!!

one more question.....where can i get the amp stand offs? or should i improvise?
    Hey flex-

Gotcha on the horn cvrossover, THAT does make sense...

On the amp crossover, 120 Hz is not bad, so you could leave it there if you like the way it sounds. Having the bass boost up may be the culprit so turning it down will help.

On the standoffs, you can improvise. Many times we will see a short piece of wood, one that will go from screw hole to screw hole on each end of the amp. Some guys have used short pieces of metal or plastic tube with the screws through them. Small blocks of ABS plastic are sometimes used. The universal theme is that the mounting screws go through whatever the stand-off material is being used. HIt the harwarae aisle of your local home improvement store and see if sometihng catches your eye.

Other will have stand-off suggestions, so take ideas from all and do what makes sense for your applpication.

Let us know how it goes!

Phil
    Kicker

Anyone address what the ohm or the sub is or if its a single vc or dual vc? That could be creating part of the problem.
    Maybe running it at a 1ohm load?

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Anyone address what the ohm or the sub is or if its a single vc or dual vc? That could be creating part of the problem.
    Maybe running it at a 1ohm load?
    Newty-

It is a KM6500.2 HLCD tower speaker setup. We know the impedance is 4-ohms and no less.

Phil, sorry I meant the "10 inch sub" he mentioned he is running of the off the same amp. Not the HLCD's

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Phil, sorry I meant the "10 inch sub" he mentioned he is running of the off the same amp. Not the HLCD's
    Sorry Newty, my mistake, you are absolutely right! You know, I think we had all totally overlooked it, due to the fact it ran well set up the other way, but you bring up a good point.

Flex, what woofer? respond to Newty's question, and lets make sure the woofer is not contributing to the issue as well...

i used the left over HDPE plastic from building my amp board to make stand offs, worked great
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    Sorry Newty, my mistake, you are absolutely right! You know, I think we had all totally overlooked it, due to the fact it ran well set up the other way, but you bring up a good point.

Flex, what woofer? respond to Newty's question, and lets make sure the woofer is not contributing to the issue as well...
    it's a km10. if i recall, it's a single vc. i'll be honest and say i have no idea what that means.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

If it is a KM10 either 2 or 4 ohm then you should be fine and thats not your problem.

PWI as usual...

Yeah, KM10 is 4-ohms, so it is not causing problem, as long as it is playing...

Your sub still works, right flex?

Phil
    Kicker

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    Yeah, KM10 is 4-ohms, so it is not causing problem, as long as it is playing...

Your sub still works, right flex?

Phil
    Kicker
    hahaha.....yes it works!! because if it doesn't & i have to spend more $$, i'm gonna owe my wife a more than a couple of david yurman rings.

i have it in a ported box under the helm.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit