Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Exiled...

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Mike, would that be to the "-" setting and i could not tell when i played with them to standind in the rear of the boat.
    I left them at the factory preset. maybe i nee to tone them down.
    Yes, You cant really tell the difference unless you crank them up and hit the switch. It not a HUGE difference but a significant one. The XM7s have this as well but its inside the case if i recall.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    The EXILE logo on the front comes off, and theres a switch in there. + - 3 db if i recall. If you hit it to the lower setting it will allow the speaker to essentually start its throw later so you dont kill the people in the back seat.

It also makes the speaker sound a little warmer to me, this was designed in for the towers that sit farther up in the boat.
    "...starts its throw later..." That is an interesting concept and I would like to know more about this. Any further description of what is being done here beyond a basic attentuation circuit would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

David

Ian - Looking good on the install. Let me know if you want some tuning help. I cant remember - is there a sub going into this boat also? I vaguely remember something about and XI12D. Maybe I got that mistaken with another boat. In any case, whatever tuning help you'd like. I'm "hear" for ya. haha!

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Yep, starting on the box in a few minutes actually. Got whatever 12 you recommended and a Xi1500.1

I also think I've got Chase convinced to have the XM9's painted lime green Another one brought over to the dark side, errr well bright side I guess!
    2013 Outback V

Got into the box building tonight.

Because I'm using a lot of the air space behind the "hump" I figured it would be easier to get the box in and mounted if I took that piece out. Much to my surprise it is only held in with 2 screws.

Fiberglass floor and hump removed;

The box, before;

During - inside coated with truck bed liner;

A mockup with the floor section;
    2013 Outback V

In the previous picture you can see what I'm going for, which is a 2.2 cubic foot ported box elevated off the floor, and butted up straight to the back of the hump, giving the appearance of the factory install, with better than free-air performance.

Got the hole cut;

Outside coated;

I haven't decided in the placement of the port yet, as I need to mock it up in the boat to be certain where I want it; I think it will be on the right.

I'm veto-ing the factory carpet on the baffle and going to wrap it in either white or grey vinyl.
    2013 Outback V

Dude that looks really sharp! What material did you use for the box?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Ian, great friggin install.

I got more exile gear coming, can I bring the xlv to Ian's custom audio and Led Paradise....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Dude that looks really sharp! What material did you use for the box?
    Just plain old birch. Someone told me that the acoustic properties of Starboard aren't good (no idea if its true or not) so I use birch and then coat it with truck bed liner. This box is far off the floor so I didn't use any fiberglass.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Ian, great friggin install.

I got more exile gear coming, can I bring the xlv to Ian's custom audio and Led Paradise....
    LOL! I can tell you one thing; it's way more fun spending someone else's money than my own!
    2013 Outback V