Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Factory Remote and Headunit

Do you guys know if there's certain brands of headunits that work with the factory remote? I've got two of the factory remotes (cockpit and transom) and I am thinking about upgrading the headunit from the stock kenwood. I'm looking for more pre-amp outs to run the amplifiers cleanly. I don't know if I want to go with a splitter, though I suppose it doesn't hurt all that much?

I'd prefer not to have to get new remotes. You guys got any ideas?
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I use the splitters now ( sound is fine but no zone control) Any kenwood with vehicle steering wheel control or the blue yellow remote wire will work fine. car or marine..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I also went the eq route and wouldnt go without now. Best way to control your system imo.
    06 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    Only Kenwood brand will work with Kenwood remotes.
    Not exactly true jonyb, SC added Aeware remotes to the Kenwood HU's at least through '08 I believe, i know as i have two in my garage that were connected to my Kenwood 232MR hu. You get basic functions and they wouldn't operate ipods but are waterproof.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    I stand corrected, but why would you use those instead of the Kenwoods that give you better control of the head unit and the ability to control the ipod if you have the ip-500?
    You use them because they came on your boat from the factory until you replace them with something better. Aeware remotes are made for the spa industry, why SC used them is beyond me. I trashed all the Kenwood HU & Aeware remotes and Installed Pioneer HU with USB/ipod support and their CD-MR70 remotes, much better.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    You use them because they came on your boat from the factory until you replace them with something better. Aeware remotes are made for the spa industry, why SC used them is beyond me. I trashed all the Kenwood HU & Aeware remotes and Installed Pioneer HU with USB/ipod support and their CD-MR70 remotes, much better.
    The Aeware remote is what I have on the driver's side of my new '08 LSV. Hope it works for a while as I am a looooooong way from upgrading.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane it will work just fine, i wont forward through a playlist on the ipod though. good for volume, change bewteen sources, but on the older model HU kenwood 232mr it wont interact with the ipod( ipod connect is through the cd changer port) the kenwood ip500 is pretty useless unles you tear it apart like JesseC did . its slow and locks out the Ipod

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

They do work great Kane the biggest thing you will realize is that you have to give it a couple seconds to respond. Also if the deck is set in any mode other then say CD or AUX mode, like your in a setting mod the remote wont take you to the home screens.

I used it all last summer and it worked great just have to give a second to respond to turning volumes up and down and mute.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have my people do the music. I just need volume control at the helm. Sounds like it will work great for what I need. Is the thing wired or wireless? I haven't even looked at it or read the HU manual yet. If it's wireless I wouldn't mind finding another one for the transom if nobody wants theirs anymore.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

wired unfortunately. looks like razz has a couple just sitting around. http://www.geckoalliance.com/aeware/...t.php?nom=k155

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold