Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

If it's not a hull design defect - then why did they redesign the hull stringer to alleviate the problem then???
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Quote Originally Posted by Grant M View Post
    If it's not a hull design defect - then why did they redesign the hull stringer to alleviate the problem then???
    Ding! We have a winner!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Default Pics of the fix (1 of 2)

Here are some pictures of the work that was done (at least of what you can see). The deck hatch was needed in order to access the very front of the ski locker to fill in the gap between the hull and locker floor. I've posted the before and after so you can see where they applied more fiberglass matting and resin to fill in this area.

In the main part of the locker, they reglassed and gelcoated the locker. It's very shiny, and is textured a bit. I only mention this because it is different than what the factory did.

Time will tell if this will be a permanent fix.

Here is the "before" picture:

Here are the "after" pictures; you can see where they added fiberglass:

2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Default Pics of the fix (2 of 2)

Here's the deck plate that was installed in order to access the very front of the ski locker:

Here's the main part of the ski locker, with the hole patched, re-glassed, and gelcoated:

2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Default v-drive or also direct-drive

I have recently purchased a '08 Mobius LS. Does this seem to be a problem with just v-drive or has anyone had this problem with the direct-drive? The hull design does seem to be simular.

That looks great! Hope that takes care of the issue for good.

Too bad SC will not do this for all of us.

Also, I see a couple of potential uses for the deck plate: (1) if your front bag has a third (vent) hole, you could use it to access and vent air out of the bag and (2) you could install a flush table leg mount.
    Last edited by cab13367; 10-31-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

OK so a couple thoughts here. While i applaud SC for getting mnpracing's issues handled, i'm not a fan of the deck access plate in the bow walkway. I can see that being an issue in some circumstances, not to mention (to me) it looks out of place there.

I can think of a couple of different ways that could have been handled without having to add the access plate. All would have been more work or harder to accomplish so i understand why SC had it done this way to an extent.

But i guess the bottom line is how the owner perceives it and is he happy with the repair and end results.

On another note to everyone else with this issue, anyone can do this repair as shown themselves as well. Working with fiberglass (as shown) is not that hard for one and installing the access plate in the composition floor is easy. So if anyone wants it done and SC won't cover it don't be afraid to tackle it yourself or get some help from someone who's worked with 'glass before.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I can think of a couple of different ways that could have been handled without having to add the access plate.
    I am all ears. I have looked this over and I don't see how to access that part of the locker any other way. There isn't enough room to get to it from the ski locker.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Well my first thought after looking at it would be to do it like the existing floor access panels;
    • Cut away carpet where access is needed
    • Trim carpet back at all corners and fold back
    • Cut opening in comp floor
    • Route a recessed lip all the way around opening
    • Lay carpet back down and adhese around opening edges
    • Cut aluminum plate to fit opening
    • Drill holes into plate to secure to lip
    • Cover plate with carpet and secure
    Another method SC could do would be to manufacture a dam from their molds that could be pushed up from the locker into the void and sealed using asphalt roofing sealer. This could be done, i've seen trickier done before.
    Last edited by Razzman; 11-01-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Well my first thought after looking at it would be to do it like the existing floor access panels;
    • Cut away carpet where access is needed
    • Trim carpet back at all corners and fold back
    • Cut opening in comp floor
    • Route a recessed lip all the way around opening
    • Lay carpet back down and adhese around opening edges
    • Cut aluminum plate to fit opening
    • Drill holes into plate to secure to lip
    • Cover plate with carpet and secure
    Another method SC could do would be to manufacture a dam from their molds that could be pushed up from the locker into the void and sealed using asphalt roofing sealer. This could be done, i've seen trickier done before.
    Good idea. That would look good as long as it's done right. That's the way SC did the access panel for the second drain plug under the gas tank on the newer LSV's except that it has a ring pull on it and it's not screwed down but that's because it has to be accessed frequently.

Although, I'm not sure the routed recessed lip would be strong enough. Might have to screw in some flat stock of aluminum instead.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV