Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Drew,

Great write up. The mojo locker in the rear is huge, my1100 pops my locker on the xlv.

What's the directional valve for, wouldnt you have the ibs and the center locker full at the same time?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post

What's the directional valve for, wouldn't you have the ibs and the center locker full at the same time?
    I was thinking maybe not for the kids when wakeboarding.

That's IF they ever try wakeboarding again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I was thinking maybe not for the kids when wakeboarding.

That's IF they ever try wakeboarding again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Right!! My kids the same way here lately. Had a two hour window the other day. To easy to put boat in and lace up but no, had to spend half our allotted time getting boat surf/trailer ready. Weirdos🏄

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

funny my kids really are into boarding and with the xlv , no additional weight needed at this time, wake plenty big...

I wish they wanted to surf more so, the DD could get some time in.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    The vent off the top of the IBS is tricky. Since the center hard tank vent is a 1 in line, you need to order a 1 inch Y connector (it's listed as 1 1/8 in on Wakemakers) and a 1 in check valve. I missed that it was 1 in the first time and ordered all 3/4 in parts. Sorry for the bad pic below, but you can see the larger check valve leading to the thru hull vent. That is the only connection I put a hose clamp on. I thought "just in case" it would be easier to get to remove that versus a crimped connection.
    Going to order some check valves today. My boat is not here at the house to measure, so does the 2013 have 1" hose or 3/4? or is the 1" only on the center tank?

Thanks
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    Going to order some check valves today. My boat is not here at the house to measure, so does the 2013 have 1" hose or 3/4? or is the 1" only on the center tank?

Thanks
    its all 1" hose, no 3/4 stuff anywhere on the ballast
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    its all 1" hose, no 3/4 stuff anywhere on the ballast
    Great thanks! I thought it was bigger hose than in my 2010 but wanted to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

thanks for being so detailed and all the great pics...got our new mojo late last season and so far only boarding. Definitely plan to get into surfing this yr and looking at ballast upgrades now. My son works at a shop that can only get straightline and I have spent a good bit of time reading about the fly high bags and that seems like the way to go...did you also consider the L shaped bag to sit on the rear seats? Also, Mike at barefoot int. said that rather than the one bag system in the bow use 2 separate under each seat so you can just weight the side you are surfing on...

Quote Originally Posted by mojodog View Post
    thanks for being so detailed and all the great pics...got our new mojo late last season and so far only boarding. Definitely plan to get into surfing this yr and looking at ballast upgrades now. My son works at a shop that can only get straightline and I have spent a good bit of time reading about the fly high bags and that seems like the way to go...did you also consider the L shaped bag to sit on the rear seats? Also, Mike at barefoot int. said that rather than the one bag system in the bow use 2 separate under each seat so you can just weight the side you are surfing on...
    First Welcome, great to hear you have a Mojo.

I have been doing some testing on mine, and i dont want to share it in this thread due to not wanting to mess up Drews thread.

I personally have found some different set ups im messing with. I took some video yesterday and will have to get it uploaded.

Also as fore the Straightline bags, there is no problem using them. I used them in my LSV and i actually have the 900s in the rear of my Mojo right now, while i am waiting on the 1100 to arrive.

I will share, in my Mojo it wants a TON litterally of nose weight. I was getting a much nicer, cleaner, wave with 1500+lbs in my bow then just the 500 center and 650 IBS.

As for dividing up the weight in the bow, i have been thinking of running the 2 450 bags in my bow to weight the nose more but i personally dont want to weight only 1 side of the nose.

Look for a thread on my Mojo surfing experiences comming soon.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

I had 3 objectives: good/great wave, no drilling holes in the boat & all hidden. So, I didn't consider the L shaped bag and I didn't/wouldn't consider splitting the front into a 2 bag system. I do wish the IBS was larger.