Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    6) Shoebox has a crap hotel.
    9) Shoebox is out of the shitbox hotel and headed home, so things are looking up! A week off the water makes for a grumpy Shoebox.
    2019 Supra SL450

What's you guys take on starts from the swim platform? I have a few buddies that do this constantly but I haven't tried it myself.

It looks easy enough....the wave is already formed and you just ease yourself into the pocket with a bit of rope.

Any input on this style?
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    What's you guys take on starts from the swim platform? I have a few buddies that do this constantly but I haven't tried it myself.

It looks easy enough....the wave is already formed and you just ease yourself into the pocket with a bit of rope.

Any input on this style?
    I'm basically 100% successful on platform STOPS, but only like 20% on platform STARTS. :-/ With my boat it'll often take a bit to form the wave (10+ seconds depending on takeoff angle, rudder position and amount of throttle). That said, you'll find that as soon as you push off the platform, it'll actually be pushing you back ON to the platform. it's actually kinda tricky because you naturally have to start with too much weight forward on the board and it doesn't have much stability until you're a few feet back into the wave. I rarely try it because I find that 80% of the time I crash and end up taking that bath in the cold water (some of the reason to platform start--avoiding the cold, LOL). And of course when you crash, then the boat has to circle around and get you all over again, so you burn time.

I've only done it with the rope. But that also presents its own risks with that much rope when you're that close to the boat. I have a buddy that's easily 75% successful with platform starts and has even done plenty without the rope.

That said, I will do platform stops confidently where I pop the nose of the board onto the platform and then step over with my back foot and reach back and grab my board. It's always a hit with people that haven't seen me do it before.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    9) Shoebox is out of the shitbox hotel and headed home, so things are looking up! A week off the water makes for a grumpy Shoebox.
    We've been at the beach, it's been pretty ok, lol. It'll get better for you, it has to...hahaha...you guys are having way too much fun with this.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    I know the feeling... I sure wish I could see the Texas sun. It been what, 2 weeks now? Lol straight rain... and trips. I’m sure it’s probly sunny when I’m in a crap hotel on a crap trip. Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

I'm basically 100% successful on platform STOPS, but only like 20% on platform STARTS.

I rarely try it because I find that 80% of the time I crash and end up taking that bath in the cold water .
    Ut Oh. Posts like this will get your SC PRO credentials revoked. KnoxMojo will report you.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Ut Oh. Posts like this will get your SC PRO credentials revoked. KnoxMojo will report you.
    Say what? I have never reported anyone, I don't take this that serious. No idea what you are talking about.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Me thinks it's his way of saying that I talk big and that you like to give me sh**.

I think MJH tried to make a funny.

And seems like Knox is getting a reputation, LMAO
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Me thinks it's his way of saying that I talk big and that you like to give me sh**.

I think MJH tried to make a funny.

And seems like Knox is getting a reputation, LMAO
    I just find it odd that I never commented on platform starts yet MJH brings me back into it off a comment by you. Not sure where this is going. It is actually you that gives me crap and I just laugh because I know you are ribbing me. Keep having fun.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Say what? I have never reported anyone, I don't take this that serious. No idea what you are talking about.
    Just kidding . . . bad sarcasm on my part.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400