Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default recent burglery attempt(s)

Your VP would suggest you shoot a warning shot...
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    well i probably wont shoot a warning shot..sorry that was my ROE's and training..home life if its night ill shot the man if hes in my house..as long as i dont shot him in the back HA...ill have to look into it more ( my one friend is a sheriff and i have a few cop friends) and see whats go and no go
    I warn you not to take a warning shot

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

lay it down for us, Petty. You're a trained professional, so what would you suggest Ryan do?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    lay it down for us, Petty. You're a trained professional, so what would you suggest Ryan do?
    in TX, if a theft is being committed in the hours of darkness deadly force is authorized. we also have what's called the castle doctrine.

basically, deadly force is authorized if you feel your life, or that of a third person, is in imminent danger in your residence or curtlidge of residence. I said that to say this, if you draw your weapon be prepared to use it. sounds like Ryan has had justifiable cause to use deadly force if he choose to. what you should never do is fire a "warning shot".

you are responsible for each shot you fire and must be aware of your "backdrop". if you are authorized to fire a warning shot ( that round could land anywhere) you should/could be able to articulate how you were in fear for you life. because you were in fear for your life, and to protect your life and the lives of your family members, you applied deadly force.

warning shots are ridiculous, dangerous, and should never be taken. you either have the right to shoot the bad guy or you don't. if you don't have the right to shoot the bad guy and you fire off a warning shot you could be charged accordingly

Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

thank you Jason!!!!!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

and there is the low down.

Let's just all hope that none of us, even the professionals, finds themselves in a situation that requires deadly force.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    ....Let's just all hope that none of us, even the professionals, finds themselves in a situation that requires deadly force.
    exactly!!!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

In Texas you can be on the phone with a 911 operator who is telling you to stay inside as your neighbors house is being robbed, tell him you are going to kill the thiefs, walk outside and blow them away with a shotgun, and get away with it all hahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    in TX, if a theft is being committed in the hours of darkness deadly force is authorized. we also have what's called the castle doctrine.

basically, deadly force is authorized if you feel your life, or that of a third person, is in imminent danger in your residence or curtlidge of residence. I said that to say this, if you draw your weapon be prepared to use it. sounds like Ryan has had justifiable cause to use deadly force if he choose to. what you should never do is fire a "warning shot".

you are responsible for each shot you fire and must be aware of your "backdrop". if you are authorized to fire a warning shot ( that round could land anywhere) you should/could be able to articulate how you were in fear for you life. because you were in fear for your life, and to protect your life and the lives of your family members, you applied deadly force.

warning shots are ridiculous, dangerous, and should never be taken. you either have the right to shoot the bad guy or you don't. if you don't have the right to shoot the bad guy and you fire off a warning shot you could be charged accordingly

You also have the right to use deadly force to protect your personal property if I'm not mistaken. This extends into your car if I remember correctly from my CHL class.
    2007 Supra 20SSV - 325HP - SOLD (What's Next?)

Wetsounds Rev 10's
    XS-650's
    Syn 6
    Syn 4
    WS-420

Why would you want to kill somone for stealing property especially someone else's? Just because you can doesn't always, even rarely, means you should. And I'm not even touching on the moral question. In my mind I don't even get that far. I'm talking pain, suffering and the financial impact of the shooter and their family. Civil lawsuits go for years and cost a unbelievable amount of moneyregardless I you win or loose.