Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    nice video! looks like you have good width around those balls!
    THanks! I'd like to try running -28 this weekend just to see what it feels like. But my focus this week really has been -22 off at higher speeds around 32/34. at 34 those little orange balls are just flying by.

Its been a great year so far. A lot of work, ups and downs. Last year was my first year running a full set at -15 off at 28 and my first year competing. I'm hoping the progress continues. But shooting the videos were fun, also great to point out things you're doing right and things I'll need to work on still.

That's crazy rapid progress. Nice that you have access to a 200- you must have a good group of ski buddies.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Seriously good progress. This would be a great time to go get some coaching. You are not too far from Orlando.
    Check out http://www.skiwithwade.com/ . Wade is a great guy and a great coach. If not him There are plenty of others within a reasonable drive for you I bet. Although not familiar with these guys -have heard good things:
    http://cobleskischool.com/about-us/
    If you feel like a road trip - my coach is at : http://theliquidedge.com/

You will never regret coaching. I wish someone had got me started decades ago. 40 years of bad habits to break, but making progress.

28 off is very different from 22 off. I suggest dialing back the speed to 32 for 28 off.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraLaunch21V View Post
    THanks! I'd like to try running -28 this weekend just to see what it feels like. But my focus this week really has been -22 off at higher speeds around 32/34. at 34 those little orange balls are just flying by.

Its been a great year so far. A lot of work, ups and downs. Last year was my first year running a full set at -15 off at 28 and my first year competing. I'm hoping the progress continues. But shooting the videos were fun, also great to point out things you're doing right and things I'll need to work on still.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I absolutley agree that coaching is essential. I've been fortunate enough to know and work with Chris and April Coble Eller - they are great and run a fantastic school. I have also used Seth Stisher and some other local skiers. I'm all ears when it comes to tips on getting more buoys or just a smoother set. Right on!

This weekend I absolutely sucked! I managed 6/-22/30 and a few at 32. Didn't even try -28 and glad I didn't. I really want more consistency with -22 and still -15 at 34. Progress is good, but this past weekend didn't really help the ego any! LOL

Progression is awesome as it makes you smile and stokes you to no end.
    I know what you mean when you say you have a rough spell and suck. That just happened to me all last week.
    Was able to realize what the heck I was doing wrong and then all of a sudden I was a skier again. For a week straight I couldn't get past 4 ball at 22 off. I was so mad and frustrated that I was almost ready to put my ski away.
    Then all of a sudden that coaching I took in the past kicked in and I realized where I was making my error. My reach on my offside was going towards the wake vs up course. Thus making my inside shoulder drop which didn't allow me to keep my shoulders square to the boat, my hips up, nor finish my turn with the handle on my hip.
    As soon as I fixed it I ran 4 back to back passes like it was just regular [practice.
    Keep at it, have fun and go hard!!!!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iwaterskihard View Post
    Keep at it, have fun and go hard!!!!
    I was really happy with moving into the -22 zone and I should still make some 34 mph passes at -15 off to keep consistency going, but i did hit a wall at 32 mph. It will come. I'm very consistent at 30 mph -22 off passes and you're right. . as soon as I finish a set and it was rough, I start going through my coaching checklist - am I pulling too hard right out of the turn before getting into a good position for the lean BEHIND the boat. . . am I plowing into my lean with the lead shoulder ( squared) . etc. . then the magic comes out of the bag again! Its a great thing for sure when you've killed it!

How do you like your HO A3? Before I got the S2 I wrestled with getting the A3.

Swerve on!

I absolutely love my A3. I went to it from an A2 and the difference was amazing. I'm riding the A3 a whole ton better than my A2.
    My body positioning and stack are so much better. I have toyed around this last week with bindings as I'm trying to keep more of the front of my ski in the water through the apex and finish of the turn.
    I moved my bindings forward 1/16" inch and ran a few passes. It's different but it is starting to feel better.
    My biggest mistake is not carrying the load far enough past the second wake and therefore not carrying enough speed into the turn.
    When I do that - heck the buoys just go by like nothing. But when I forget and initiate my turn too early - the buoys are a dog fight!
    In the end it's all great as I'm skiing and improving even on my bad days there's always something to take back to the dock and work on.
    Funny thing yesterday I skied with a guy who runs 32 with his eyes closed and 35 98% of the time. We both commented on how relative it is for skiers to get frustrated at all line lengths.
    In the end I'm just happy to be skiing!
    Any day behind my boat is better than a day at work!!!

2004 Outback DD - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by iwaterskihard View Post
    .... I have toyed around this last week with bindings as I'm trying to keep more of the front of my ski in the water through the apex and finish of the turn.
    I moved my bindings forward 1/16" inch and ran a few passes. It's different but it is starting to feel better.
    Interstingly enough - my coach says if you want more ski in the water - Move your bindings BACK. I have not tried this - but he is pretty firm on it - recognizing it contradicts what you would expect.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Interstingly enough - my coach says if you want more ski in the water - Move your bindings BACK. I have not tried this - but he is pretty firm on it - recognizing it contradicts what you would expect.
    That's a different concept Benson. How does one keep more of the front of the ski in the water with the bindings back? Even with the weight on the front foot simple physics would suggest that the point of pressure on the ski would simply bring the tip up as it covers the most area on the water. My other point to that would be it would set your weight or pressure points back towards the rear or fin and thus promote more of the tip of the ski to come up out of the water.

My bindings are now currently as far forward as they can go on the Radar Sequence plate they are mounted on without moving the bindings on the plate.

Went out last night and ripped up 5 out of 6 passes at 22 off and noticed how much more stable the ski rides on edge and how it holds the load through the wakes on a better balance before I initiate my edge turn.

My 6th pass as I rounded 4 ball I started over thinking and when I do that it's all downhill from there!

Thus I think I have found a sweet spot for myself and now it's time to focus focus focus on body positioning and alignment. My coach Trent Finlayson is ALWAYS on me about position and alignment. Without it you can't progress!

2004 Outback DD - SOLD