Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

A little update to this thread....

Skiers Marine has stayed in constant contact with me since last year. I've gone back to the dealership a few times since then to talk boats a bit more and to cvheck out the Makai when it came out. Gorgeous boat but too big for my needs or crew. Before leaving the dealer a few weeks ago he offered to give me some free tickets to the upcoming boat show.

Fast forward to today.............. I brought my wife and 9 YO kiddo to the boat show using the free tickets to hopefully get her on board of ditching the Yamaha in favor for a real tow/wake boat lol. Well, we walked to the large Skiers Marine section, met up with (I think) the son of one of the owners of Skiers Choice and then introduced Greg from Skiers Marine to my wife. Went over some of the boat show incentives and well....

I put a friggin deposit down on a build slot for a new Moomba Max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nervous, excited and everything else in between lol. I have 2 months to cancel my build and get my deposit back for whatever reason I choose to but I'm pretty sure we are going to stay committed to the purchase. Just have to see how the numbers look after I'm sure I'll take a beating on trading in my 2016 Yamaha AR192 lol but i'm pretty pumped to say the least! I've built i don't know how many boats on the website builder trying to find the right scheme. I've got a few ideas as far as color goes but for options I'm definitely getting autowake, 6 ballast pump, surf prop, flow 2.0 comes free with boat show deal, bimini with surf pockets, dual batteries and likely gatorstep it out. Pumped to say the last!!!

Wifey in the Max talking with Greg from skiers Marine and the son of Skiers Choice owner (sorry i can't remember the guys name lol)...

IMG_8070.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    A little update to this thread....

Skiers Marine has stayed in constant contact with me since last year. I've gone back to the dealership a few times since then to talk boats a bit more and to cvheck out the Makai when it came out. Gorgeous boat but too big for my needs or crew. Before leaving the dealer a few weeks ago he offered to give me some free tickets to the upcoming boat show.

Fast forward to today.............. I brought my wife and 9 YO kiddo to the boat show using the free tickets to hopefully get her on board of ditching the Yamaha in favor for a real tow/wake boat lol. Well, we walked to the large Skiers Marine section, met up with (I think) the son of one of the owners of Skiers Choice and then introduced Greg from Skiers Marine to my wife. Went over some of the boat show incentives and well....

I put a friggin deposit down on a build slot for a new Moomba Max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nervous, excited and everything else in between lol. I have 2 months to cancel my build and get my deposit back for whatever reason I choose to but I'm pretty sure we are going to stay committed to the purchase. Just have to see how the numbers look after I'm sure I'll take a beating on trading in my 2016 Yamaha AR192 lol but i'm pretty pumped to say the least! I've built i don't know how many boats on the website builder trying to find the right scheme. I've got a few ideas as far as color goes but for options I'm definitely getting autowake, 6 ballast pump, surf prop, flow 2.0 comes free with boat show deal, bimini with surf pockets, dual batteries and likely gatorstep it out. Pumped to say the last!!!

Wifey in the Max talking with Greg from skiers Marine and the son of Skiers Choice owner (sorry i can't remember the guys name lol)...

IMG_8070.jpg
    That’s awesome, congrats! I’ve watched a few of your videos, big fan!

Consider the OJ945 wake prop upgrade ($200 in build vs $650 aftermarket) and the surf pipe ($600 in build vs double that to add later).

Get ready to start second guessing ALL your build choices lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Munch520 View Post
    That’s awesome, congrats! I’ve watched a few of your videos, big fan!

Consider the OJ945 wake prop upgrade ($200 in build vs $650 aftermarket) and the surf pipe ($600 in build vs double that to add later).

Get ready to start second guessing ALL your build choices lol.

yea every time I think I find the right color combo to the build I end up finding something I like about a different build the next time. I guess now we have to be a bit more serious instead of just dreaming or goofing off on the build site . Glad you enjoy my little vids I put on my channel. Hoping to add a lot more Moomba stuff in the future

BTW does anyone know how to make my images not so small like thumbnails? Is full size images something that unlocks after more post amount or something?

Excited to hopefully be a part of the Skiers Choice family very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    yea every time I think I find the right color combo to the build I end up finding something I like about a different build the next time. I guess now we have to be a bit more serious instead of just dreaming or goofing off on the build site
    Haha yep it gets serious now. Post some of your renderings up!!

--
    2019 Craz

Congrats, you’re going to love the max!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Join the club, won't be disappointed!

If you can squeeze it, I do recommend the FAE. When I go surfing on buddies boats its weird seeing and smelling the fumes. The V8 rumble remains, promise.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Join the club, won't be disappointed!

If you can squeeze it, I do recommend the FAE. When I go surfing on buddies boats its weird seeing and smelling the fumes. The V8 rumble remains, promise.
    This is probably what I’m most excited to experience when mines done. Never been on a boat with a surf pipe. But heard it’s the best upgrade for your sound system lol

--
    2019 Craz

I'll for sure get the larger prop. FAE isn't too much more to add to the build and I like the idea of a cleaner surf ride. Good idea!

Here's some of my renders