Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not Bad for an Old Guy

Howdy,

Took my Outback V up to my old hometown of Vernon for a week of wakeboarding, wakesurfing and waterskiing. The lake you see there is called Okanagan. I'm 39 years old and that ski is a 1987 Connelly HP Graphite with double wraps. Not quite back to highschool form but getting there. Hard to believe that the ski is 22 years old and that I'm 39! Yikes!

Last edited by Canuckle Head; 09-17-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Canuckle Head - Lookin' good! Hey, do you have any pics showing more of the boat wake at ski speed? I'm wondering how much more you have to contend with behind a v drive. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Howdy,

Took my Outback V up to my old hometown of Vernon for a week of wakeboarding, wakesurfing and waterskiing. The lake you see there is called Okanagan. I'm 39 years old and that ski is a 1987 Connelly HP Graphite with double wraps. Not quite back to highschool form but getting there. Hard to believe that the ski is 22 years old and that I'm 39! Yikes!
    Nice. But you are sorely mistaken in claiming OLD at 39! Keep cranking out those turns and turn back the clock. I'm almost 53 and while I can't ski as far as I used to be able to, I have just as much fun. Working on the stamina as well, just carrying too much extra padding.

Smile

Not bad at all for an Old Guy. I'm just about 44 . My dad moved to Vernon a couple yrs ago and hes always asking when i'm coming as he still likes to drive my boat. Nice water, we usually go to Calamalca,spelling@#$ or woods or even Duck lake to get nice calm water like that.Anyways nice pics and yes i too would like to see a little more boat/wake pics if ya have them as i have the Outback DD and its always good to be able to compare.
    If you ever get yourself onto a new ski with the new technology man look out as i see your skiing hasen't really suffered i see.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have to say that it feels darn good to be back on the ol slalom! Correction on the age of the ski, it's an 86 HP Graphite.

Mikey, the other lake you are talking about is Kalamalka and man I just can't even begin to describe the colour of that Lake! I spent the first 15 years living on Okanagan and then another 5-6 years on Kal. Fun times!

These picures were taken at about 7:30 n the morning before the wind and the rest of the crews got on the lake. Another hour or so and it all goes to crap! Gotta get on it early if you want the glass!

As requested, here are a few more pictures that show some of the wake. I'm skiing at 35-36 mph in these pics. I also have pictures of my sister and my wife skiing at about 29-30 if you want to see them too.

Last edited by Canuckle Head; 09-17-2009 at 07:48 PM.

canuckle you give me hope -I'm 32 and feel like a whole new world is upon me now that I'm no longer skiing behind a deck boat (pull- wake-pull-wake-pull-turn repeat). My dad is 62 and still gets after it.

Great pics . keep it up, you younger guys getting after it at 39. I (42)have only skiied once this season, water and weather have been rough. the wake behind the obv is great for multi-sport.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked that I can Wakesurf, Wakeboard & Waterski behind one boat.

What do you have in the ballast to do basic wake surfing on the OBV. I have the ballast 1 and think i will need more.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Canuckle, thats great you got back at it. Man now I really wish I had not gotten rid of my ski!
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart