Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Newbie to board, looking for some guidance

Quote Originally Posted by kdcdds View Post
    I now have 1100lb bags in back, bilateral, and cannot drop the rope surfing. Not sure it is technique, the board, or the boat
    Board: ronix Cortez
    Setup: 8-11mph. 1100 almost full surf side, nonsurf side empty, front about half full, wake plate 50%.
    While making a slight turn to surf side, the wake cleans up a lot and gets enormous. Perhaps I should drive in an arc

Me: 220lbs. My son 125--surfs fine w/rope. My bro is 185 and he cannot let go of rope either. When he leans even the slightest bit forward, the board submarines on him.
    These are all my issues too. Can anyone help us?
    2005 Supra 24 SSV
    Lake Lewisville, Lake Leon
    Texas

Default Newbie to board, looking for some guidance

Just spoke to several sources, including wake makers, and they say that a thicker board with more float is the answer-- I think I am going to go with the o'brien haze. Alternatives that are similar are the ronix marshmallow and the obriens celsius

I have an XLV with Sumo 900's run about 11.0 MPH surf with CWB ride. Everyone that has been behind my boat with any balance can free ride. The wake should not be the issue, could be a combination of skill level with the board as wake makers says. We are actually bored with the CWB ride and would like to get a couple of new boards. I have no idea what to buy as far as a different board. The CWB ride has been a great board to get up and free ride on though.

Try putting the wake plate all the way up and you need more weight in the boat. Think of it like this... More boat in the water (sitting deeper) the stronger the push will be behind the curl (wave) that comes off the back of the boat...

You can't just put tons of weight in the back corner and expect a great wave.

You have to have weight in the front of the boat to keep the bow down in the water. It also helps to have weight along the surf side to give the boat a good lean for the curl...

One last thing, it helps to have weight in the back of the non surf side. This helps keep more of the boat down in the water.

Hope this helps
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

You have plenty of weight. Board may be part of it.

But '8-11mph' is a pretty big range. Small increments can have a big impact on your wave.

Any video available?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

With the 1100 back there you likely need more in the front. I'd also start with the wake plate all the way up. Also, I wouldn't start at 8, I'd start at 12 to get the boat moving and wake formed up. Then slowly back your speed down while watching the wake (with no one surfing) about 0.5 mph at a time. At some point you should see the wave clean up and get real pretty. May want to check your speed with a gps app on your phone.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

2 things:
    1. local shop has an inland surfer demo that looks like it has never seen water. thick buoyant board. any opinions on inland surfer brand and a real fiberglass/wood board?

and, completely off topic:
    2. I continually see people trailering their boats with their boards in the racks. is this ok, even though the owners manual says not to do it? i have the factory racks.

Default Re: Newbie to board, looking for some guidance

Quote Originally Posted by kdcdds View Post
    2 things:
    1. local shop has an inland surfer demo that looks like it has never seen water. thick buoyant board. any opinions on inland surfer brand and a real fiberglass/wood board?

and, completely off topic:
    2. I continually see people trailering their boats with their boards in the racks. is this ok, even though the owners manual says not to do it? i have the factory racks.
    I have been and no problems yet, fingers crossed. I hope it is ok. I trailer about 150 miles each way at around 65. I just end up bringing so much crap I really don't have any other place for them!
    2005 Supra 24 SSV
    Lake Lewisville, Lake Leon
    Texas

Inland Surfer boards are great, IMO. Which model is it?

You should NEVER leave boards (surf or wake) in the racks when the boat is on the trailer! Not only can you damage the boards, but you may have one heck of a lawsuit on your hands if/when one flies into traffic.

inland surfer red rocket
    I weigh 235