Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealer pricing

I don’t think they want people knowing the prices these days. They are terribly high. IMO
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    I don’t think they want people knowing the prices these days. They are terribly high. IMO
    Agree, it might we part of the new "sales approach".

You walk into the dealer,
    You tell them what you want or look at that boat in the showroom,
    You ask the price,
    They tell you the price,
    If you are not running for the door, the salesman is thinking "Fish-On - I got a one on the line, now time to use my close the deal lines."
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

You ask the price,
    They tell you the price,
    If you are not running for the door, the salesman is thinking "Fish-On - I got a one on the line, now time to use my close the deal lines."
    Defineatly!!

Plus 2021 and 2022, pricing was very upward fluid lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I bought a 2023 and that's sort of how I feel. Luckily the dealer made a mistake and sold me a build slot they didn't end up having in fall of 2021, so I ended up with a 2023 at 2022 pricing.

I never thought I would buy new at these prices. The only reason I bought new was covid completely flipped the used market on its head. I was tracking used G23 prices and they were in the 80-90K range for 2016/2017 models during 2018-2019. Once covid hit those same boats went up to 120k and are now 3 years older. So the difference between used and new was only 20-30k versus 50-60k.

I don't see how an SA could be had for 100k out the door 4-5 years ago and now they are 150-160k. I don't believe for a second there is any reason for that much of an increase other than manufacturer greed. And this is what I have seen across all brands not Skiers choice specific.
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

I bought a 2023 and that's sort of how I feel. Luckily the dealer made a mistake and sold me a build slot they didn't end up having in fall of 2021, so I ended up with a 2023 at 2022 pricing.

I never thought I would buy new at these prices. The only reason I bought new was covid completely flipped the used market on its head. I was tracking used G23 prices and they were in the 80-90K range for 2016/2017 models during 2018-2019. Once covid hit those same boats went up to 120k and are now 3 years older. So the difference between used and new was only 20-30k versus 50-60k.

I don't see how an SA could be had for 100k out the door 4-5 years ago and now they are 150-160k. I don't believe for a second there is any reason for that much of an increase other than manufacturer greed. And this is what I have seen across all brands not Skiers choice specific.
    In fairness, the only 100K new SA’s were Gen 2’s from 2018, once they updated the gen2 interior in 2019, they were more.

Then the Gen3 SA launched in 2020 with several upgrades. And yes, then the prices jumped $30k+.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I agree with this too on new vs. used. When used boats are selling at or over their orignal MSRP with 3 to 5 years use on them, I'd rather buy new too. That is the quandary a few people I know are in. They just washed their hands of crazy hight used boats and bought new. This will eventually flip the market back to pre-covi, pre clot sh0t pricing b/c why buy used when for a few thousand more, you can get new with a warranty and get much better resale? The high-used-price situation drives a lot of new boat sales and gets more boats on the market too. I am sure all manufactures know this well. No advantage of buying used when there's no price break. When the market does correct, though, those who bought high used prices will get destroyed and be so far upside down they might not ever come back to the market. The discounts are back, at boat shows, thank goodness but still really high for waht is essentially, a toy.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

You ask the price,
    They tell you the price,
    I really hate not listing prices, it is the #1 turn off for me when shopping. I need to know the price and need to know if I can even play the game. To have to take time out of my day to go ask or call and ask is such a pain and an immediate deal killer, I try to find dealers who will show pricing. Drives me nuts when shopping for anything a price is not showing. I always use the "exclude if no price listed" feature on OI. Same thing for real estate.

If the price ain't listed, I just move on. Don't have time for salesman games and time wasting. Price drives everything, so just tell me what you're asking.

If you won't show the price, that means you are ashamed of it or are not confident in the price structure. Also means the salesmen are making a killing. Could you imagine having to constantly ask someone in Publix or Walmart constantly, how much is this?

I agree with that logic!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

We just bought our 2023 Mojo and we got about 13% off MSRP.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    We just bought our 2023 Mojo and we got about 13% off MSRP.
    Highest discount I have ever heard of on a moomba. Great job!!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan