Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fuel Pump has no Power

07 LSV with the Indmar 325. Was running great and then wouldn't start. Starter runs fine but the fuel pump isn't running. Checked the safety lanyard, all the fuses and relays that I could find. Unplugged the fuel pump and checked for power at the connector and there is none with the key on. When you turn the key, the perfect pass comes on and you hear the beep and all the lights and ballast pumps work, but the fuel pump never runs.

I read through the similar thread from 5 years ago and tried everything in there, but still can't get power to the fuel pump.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    2007 LSV

Did you try the red breaker that's next to the ECU?

I just rewired my fuel pump harness, because I found that every so often I was getting a short and it wasn't priming on key start...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Happened to my mobius, it was the oil pressure switch. I wired around it and never got around to fixing it. If their is no oil pressure the fuel pump doesn’t run so you can’t run your engine dry of oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 XLV
    gravity 3
    perfect pass

Replace the oil pressure switch that the fuel pump gets the signal from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

OK... Where is this oil pressure switch? I did check the breaker by the ECU.

Also, where is the low pressure fuel pump located? I think I was only looking at the high pressure pump.
    2007 LSV

It’s in the valley between the heads and the back of the engine. You can trace the power wire back from the fuel pump to it.
    Looks like this, although not necessarily on a T. If you find it you can jump the two wires and see if that kicks the fuel pump on with the ignition on.

https://forums.iboats.com/filedata/f...2&d=1400632031

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    OK... Where is this oil pressure switch? I did check the breaker by the ECU.

Also, where is the low pressure fuel pump located? I think I was only looking at the high pressure pump.
    Low pressure pump looks like this:

High pressure pump looks like this:
    may or may not have the black rubber boot around it.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Low pressure pump looks like this:

High pressure pump looks like this:
    may or may not have the black rubber boot around it.

Just remember there will be no power to these with the key in the on position. When you first turn the key on the high pressure one should see voltage for a few seconds. You need to test with the key in the start position.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Just remember there will be no power to these with the key in the on position. When you first turn the key on the high pressure one should see voltage for a few seconds. You need to test with the key in the start position.
    Which pump is the one that you hear with that characteristic BUZZ as it primes on key ON?

Also, the wire harness for the fuel pumps has the positive and negative for both pumps coming from the exact same leads on the harness. So if the LP pump is getting voltage, the HP pump has to likewise be getting voltage.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Which pump is the one that you hear with that characteristic BUZZ as it primes on key ON?

Also, the wire harness for the fuel pumps has the positive and negative for both pumps coming from the exact same leads on the harness. So if the LP pump is getting voltage, the HP pump has to likewise be getting voltage.
    The black one makes the buzzzz noise with the key turned on the first time.

The round one makes more of a clunk clunk and usually only runs when the key is in the start position and when the boat is running. Think these were added sometimes to help with vapor lock, how it's installed may be different.

I would trace the wires all the way till you get good ground and 12v with the key in the starting position. My guess there's a relay, when you first turn the boat to on the pump should prime, then run again once the boat is starting or running.
    Last edited by parrothd; 05-06-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead