Default Calling on owners with stock Jabsco pump systems

Where are the through hull intakes placed? Anyone have any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    Where are the through hull intakes placed? Anyone have any pics?
    mine are on either side of the vdrive unit.. dont have pics at the current momemnt

bet he is adding them and wanting to see where the factory put them
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I'm going to be adding an intake or two and want to know how the stock intakes are oriented. Would be great to see some pics taken from under the hull and inside the bilge area.

Ed, you have a nice pic of the pumps, but none of the intakes. You volunteering to take some pics for me?

Stacy, you are right on!

07, keep one thing in mind-the factory drilled all there holes when it was a blank hull-no motor,no trans and no trailer in the way. I made a misjudgement in one of my thru hulls I added and could not drill up into the boat after drilling the pilot hole down thru the bottom-no big deal in the end but could have been bad.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    07, keep one thing in mind-the factory drilled all there holes when it was a blank hull-no motor,no trans and no trailer in the way. I made a misjudgement in one of my thru hulls I added and could not drill up into the boat after drilling the pilot hole down thru the bottom-no big deal in the end but could have been bad.
    Good thinking. I just wanted some ideas. I know I want to stay away from the paddle wheel, engine intake, and obviously the ribs in the hull. Besides that I don't know where would be a good spot vs. a bad one?

Dont think you want one in front of the paddle wheel and as long as the access is ok that should be a good spot
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

If you look at the photos from my factory tour, I have some shots of the ballast system being installed.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=12576

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    I'm going to be adding an intake or two and want to know how the stock intakes are oriented. Would be great to see some pics taken from under the hull and inside the bilge area.

Ed, you have a nice pic of the pumps, but none of the intakes. You volunteering to take some pics for me?

Stacy, you are right on!
    Look at my album. I took out the lawn sprinkler system and replaced the single pump with 3 new pumps. The picture of the intake is the original intake, I just changed it from a 3/4" to a 1" intake and remove the scoop. I just looked at my intakes. The stock intake is directly opposite of the intake for the engine.
    Last edited by tazz3069; 04-02-2011 at 06:13 PM.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    If you look at the photos from my factory tour, I have some shots of the ballast system being installed.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=12576
    These two pics are spot on! Thanks