Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Ed!

Default Goodbye Ed!

Good luck in all you do! Look me if you ever get up my way!

Happy boating.

PWI as usual...

Ed is leaving the forum?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Ed-

Not sure if this means you are leaving for good or what, but I truly hope not.
    Didn't get a chance to meet ya unfortunately, wish I had the opportunity but alas only have been on here for a little over a year.

Live easy and keep rocking the Van Halen!!

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Ed is leaving the forum?
    looks like it all his posts and comments have been remove, what a shame.

Ed. good luck. you were the first one to welcome me to the family and have provide invaluable info over the years. unfortunately a mild spat over mod powers have driven you away. i would never have thought about surfing if it was not for you championng the cause..

your insights will be missed.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Ed has deleted all his friends, deleted all postings and cleaned everthing out of the staff section.

So your post count and searching for threads may/will be affected.

Ed, I for one am really sorry its come to this and will miss you
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

He was a nice enough guy, but way too moody for my likes. It had to take forever to delete all that stuff, what a massive waste of time.

So has his moderator status been revoked as well? lol
    2013 Outback V

I enjoyed ed and had some good conversations with him. it's too bad it came to this. I would have loved to have made it back to florida and met him, but I have to say honestly, I won't miss him as a mod. as a poster and champion of the moomba cause? heck ya, he will be missed

and again with the deleting? kind of too bad as some of the threads he had were full of valuable info, such as the tow rig thread.. that's pretty lame and, honestly, part of the problem of his mod status...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

this may be highly inappropriate right now and i have no hard feeling towards ed but this is just too funny in my mind to pass up....

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

too bad it came to this.. but I had to bite my tongue/keyboard.. many times. Ed was a great champion for Moomba, moomba events, wakesurfing, etc.
    BUT, did have a history and habit of snapping off some rude/short comments.
    and a bit of a control issue sometimes..

Hate this went this far.. but I have always preferred this forum over Wakeworld because there has ALWAYS been infighting on WW and you fear making any posts for getting blasted.. although, on WW, the group is large enough that when a good mistake is made, there is a bit of a pile on! When you read.. get the popcorn ready.. that means there's about to be a good movie..

I believe most everyone in here was too polite to pile on.. and maybe if you did, the threads got cleaned up....

Best to you Ed. Sorry it came down to this..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Ed is the reason I'm buying a Moomba instead of another brand.

I met him last November when he was up here for his mother's funeral.

He was wearing a Moomba jacket and I started chatting with him.

The guy ought to be a paid Skiers Choice Representative.

His enthusiasm for the brand is off the hook.

I believe this board will not be better off without him.