Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

I know I've said this to each of you this morning in my replies above.

But thanks to everyone in general for your time and efforts during your time off on your boats with family for some stranger on here.

It's a big transaction and I fear making a mistake since these boats around the Seattle area aren't that high in numbers like Malibu's.

On the positive for the site, it is good documentation for future folks as well.

Skiers Choice as a total makes a fraction of what Malibu does. Personally that was a big reason I chose SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by andrewd View Post
    I know I've said this to each of you this morning in my replies above.

But thanks to everyone in general for your time and efforts during your time off on your boats with family for some stranger on here.

It's a big transaction and I fear making a mistake since these boats around the Seattle area aren't that high in numbers like Malibu's.

On the positive for the site, it is good documentation for future folks as well.
    I do not live in that area, but from a nationwide perspective, you are correct. You will probably see more BU and MCs on most lakes. Public vs Private companies.

The bigger question is not the amount of boats, but how the dealer will treat you. If you are looking new, I would ask someone who purchased a boat in the past year. How was the Dealer Service? Responsiveness? Speed to get something addressed? Knowledge of the issue?

Either way, SC or BU, if you are not impressed by the dealer, why buy from them?

With either boat, you will hit an issue sooner or later, so the question is, how happy will you be with the service to get you back on the water in the summer.

Good luck with either boat.
    2018 Supra SL400

+1 I think the dealer support is what can make or break a boat no matter the manufacturer. Skiers Choice builds around 1,700 total boats a year with a little over 550 of them being a Supra. I never went on a tour at a Malibu plant but I did at Skiers Choice as ours was being built. They don’t cut corners on these boats and the Moomba and Supra boats come down the exact manufacturing line. It’s not until you get to the nicer interior and tower installs down the production line do you really start to see the difference from a Supra to a Moomba. Rather than think of the Max as spartan I like to think of it as utilitarian with some nice additions for 2019 to make it feel a bit nicer on the inside. If you want the higher end luxury appointments and style the Supras are where it’s at.

I test drove an Axis A22 when I was shopping and while it’s not a Malibu, especially on the inside, it did not ride good at all in anything other than glass. It also handled poor with the wedge and surf gate.

My best advice to you is to demo demo demo demo as many boats as you can and really get to know the dealers in the area. These are big time boat toys with big time money and the last thing you want is a nice boat that has a problem with a dealer that’s either hours away or doesn’t really show the kind of support you feel you deserve with a purchase like this and treats you as just a number. I chose SC not because of the amount of same boats on the lake but because of the dealer and small production numbers with high attention to detail in production. If you can I recommend taking a factory tour at these manufacturers and get to know dealers. You’ll feel solid about whatever boat you choose then.
    Last edited by haknslash; 05-28-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Thanks everyone. Just need confirmation on the SA at those speeds.

I am pretty much self sufficient. I do all my own maintenance and repairs to date on the Malibu.
    So other than potential warranty work, or work beyond my skill set or tool set.. the dealer part of the equation isn't as much of a concern for me.
    The good news is, our Supra dealers (both Seattle or Portland area) are good folks so I don't have any concerns there.

We have the Bu up for sale just yesterday and getting calls already as she's a good looking girl.
    I'll be sad to see her go, she was a great boat. The lexus of boats.
    But I just feel that they are old tech (while amazing and innovative in 2013) and resting on their laurels.. it too bad.

But autowake has me hooked... whatever boat it turns out to be.

Can anyone help out this weekend on finalizing if the SA can do a clean wake at 17 or less?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewd View Post
    Can anyone help out this weekend on finalizing if the SA can do a clean wake at 17 or less?

Thanks again!
    Are you going on a dealer demo ride?

Posts 58 and 62 (pic) have a post about it. They both own that model.

2018 Supra SL400

I’ll try to remember tomorrow, gonna go do a little surf session with a buddy before the gulf of Conroe gets destroyed this weekend lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

I am going out tonight after work, I will try 30% front ballast @17mph tonight.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

17mph,50%plate,350# front ballast

17mph,50% plate, 350# front 100# left

The video is better, it can be cleaned up, just not going to spend my whole night tuning it.

SA will do what you need.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan