Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I've never been a fan of people that "leash" their kids. But when my son was a toddler, I had one of those plush animal backpacks that had a leash attached to the back... Could be damn simple to put a leash on the life jacket.

Also, the life jackets that aren't the traditional ones that are still USCG approved might be a great option for comfort.

https://www.coleman.com/puddle-jumpe...000001298.html
    Thanks Trayson, I wasn't even aware those kind of "floatie" style jackets were USCG approved.

We have a Hyperlite for her but it's got the big extension behind her head....she's not a fan

I think we might try that other style if she meets the weight requirements.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Bring some type of towel or chip bag “clips” with you. You’d be amazed at what you can rig up with clips and towels to keep the sun off them when napping, and the shade helps them sleep longer too!
    Great idea to turn some towels into sun sails!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I've never been a fan of people that "leash" their kids. But when my son was a toddler, I had one of those plush animal backpacks that had a leash attached to the back... Could be damn simple to put a leash on the life jacket.

Also, the life jackets that aren't the traditional ones that are still USCG approved might be a great option for comfort.

https://www.coleman.com/puddle-jumpe...000001298.html
    Our 3 year old twins have been wearing this type for a couple years..my daughter was even wearing it to the grocery store and to bed at night. For some reason she was obsessed with hers...

So puddle jumper life jackets are for 30-50 lb kids. She would be a pretty big 16 months old to fall into that so unfortunately I think she is stuck with the hyperlite she already has for now.

The swing from the tower worked best for us if no one wants to hold her constantly. We used it with Nolan and we got a pink one to use for Hailey next summer. If they are not secured in the swing then you will have to watch them like a hawk, no way around it.

I can’t believe it took you 16 months to get her out!

Nolan made his boat debut at 1 week
    (that’s the smallest life jacket we could find, rated for 0-30 lbs. I know only his feet stick out the bottom)

Hailey made her first boat trip at 3 weeks so the jacket fit her a little better. Don’t have a good picture though. You can see her head in the bottom corner.

Nolan enjoyed the swing when he was about a year.

We did some full days with Nolan around 20 months or so and he did good. Played until he passed out and we just payed him on the seat in the shade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Also get her a hat like one he has here. They come in pink as well and are great for keeping the sun off of their head and neck.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So puddle jumper life jackets are for 30-50 lb kids. She would be a pretty big 16 months old to fall into that so unfortunately I think she is stuck with the hyperlite she already has for now.

The swing from the tower worked best for us if no one wants to hold her constantly. We used it with Nolan and we got a pink one to use for Hailey next summer. If they are not secured in the swing then you will have to watch them like a hawk, no way around it.

I can’t believe it took you 16 months to get her out!

Nolan made his boat debut at 1 week
    (that’s the smallest life jacket we could find, rated for 0-30 lbs. I know only his feet stick out the bottom)

Hailey made her first boat trip at 3 weeks so the jacket fit her a little better. Don’t have a good picture though. You can see her head in the bottom corner.

Nolan enjoyed the swing when he was about a year.

We did some full days with Nolan around 20 months or so and he did good. Played until he passed out and we just payed him on the seat in the shade

Yeah, she's about 22-23lbs so the puddle jumper jacket is too big.

I guess the hesitation is akin to taking your baby to a restaurant for the first time only 10X worse...if she ain't digging it, you're pretty stuck or you're heading back to the dock.

We would have definitely liked to have taken her out last year but Mama Bear said that was a no-go until she had some swim school.

For all I know, she could love being out on the water just like me but I tend to run scenes of livid temper tantrums in my head

We had my daughter (14 MO) out for the first time on the new boat over Memorial Day. I put her life jacket on her a few times around the house and let her play in it to try and get used to it. It didn't really bother her around the house but when we got on the boat and put it on her she was not happy for the first 5-10 mins but once we got moving she calmed down very quickly and fell asleep on my wife a few times as well. I made sure I got her a comfortable neoprene life jacket with fleece around the arm holes and neck. She made it a "full day" but I won't lie we have friends with a house on Conroe so she did get a 2.5 hr nap in their media room (cheat code)LOL. All in all she made it like 6 hours on the boat and even went on the tube (very slowly) with my wife, sister-in-law and niece. As you know water, pedialyte, snacks, hat and sunscreen are essential. Some Family members, her cousins & a few toys went a long way too. There is only one way to get them used to it though I had seen the swing on the tower and we are definitely going to try it next time. Hope it goes well and enjoy that time man, it is the best!
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 06-07-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

We've had our daughter out on the boat since she was 5 months old, she loves it and now it's just second nature. Shade is a must, tinting the windshield helps. We limit her to a few hours a trip, only once or twice has been all day, but we had access to a cruiser or houseboat. The tower swing works in very calm water, but underway, it may bang around everywhere. She loves the wind in her face and playing in the water on the swim platform or a float with a mesh bottom. Don't over think it just have fun!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    We've had our daughter out on the boat since she was 5 months old, she loves it and now it's just second nature. Shade is a must, tinting the windshield helps. We limit her to a few hours a trip, only once or twice has been all day, but we had access to a cruiser or houseboat. The tower swing works in very calm water, but underway, it may bang around everywhere. She loves the wind in her face and playing in the water on the swim platform or a float with a mesh bottom. Don't over think it just have fun!
    Key is to spread the rope out as wide as possible to help eliminate side to side movement. It may still more a lot forward and back but that shouldnt results in banging into anyone.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Key is to spread the rope out as wide as possible to help eliminate side to side movement. It may still more a lot forward and back but that shouldnt results in banging into anyone.
    Great advice, never thought of that, smart cookie you are. Thanks dude!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold