Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Max rear transom trays mod inquiry

Anyone modified the trays to be removable without removing struts? Already had one screw get messed up on one side and not looking to cause another in the near future. Plus, would be super convenient for the quick ability to re-winterize.

Curious if anyone has made any cuts to the trays in such a way that they are removable. I am sure it will lose some of its strength, but I never have anything heavy in the trays... mostly just ropes, life jackets, cleaners, and towels. Thinking of giving it a whirl sometime this month.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

My dealer said they have cut them for people, but didn’t give me many details. I assume they trim the lip so it can get past the locker cover. If there’s something that’s proven to work, I would be all over it. It’s a major pita to get those trays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

That would be great. I had a rear bag come loose on the first run of the day, and didnt have a screw driver to get the tray out. Ruined the day.
    2019' Moomba Max

I cut access holes in the side panels below the swivel locks just big enough to get a finger in to turn the latch. This way I can unlatch and remove
    the side panels to do maintenance. No need to remove the top/center tray.

Edit-Just realized that you are talking about the trays in the side locker areas. I do not have these trays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boonejeepin; 10-29-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    That would be great. I had a rear bag come loose on the first run of the day, and didnt have a screw driver to get the tray out. Ruined the day.
    You don’t need to unscrew anything. The struts have a little cover plate that you can remove with your fingernail, then just pop the strut off of the base (the part that’s screwed in).

'19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    You don’t need to unscrew anything. The struts have a little cover plate that you can remove with your fingernail, then just pop the strut off of the base (the part that’s screwed in).

I just realized this when I went out earlier today. I was thinking, gee, would be slick if these just popped off and inspected a little closer to realize I’m an idiot and they do.

Also, the center one can come out without the need for doing anything, just pressed in on each side near the strut to clear it.... one side at a time and came out easy. I must have been overwhelmed with a new boat last year not realizing these things.

TLDR: trays come out without the need to bring the Dremel out! Good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

UGH........Good to know now tho lol
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Anyone modified the trays to be removable without removing struts? Already had one screw get messed up on one side and not looking to cause another in the near future. Plus, would be super convenient for the quick ability to re-winterize.

Curious if anyone has made any cuts to the trays in such a way that they are removable. I am sure it will lose some of its strength, but I never have anything heavy in the trays... mostly just ropes, life jackets, cleaners, and towels. Thinking of giving it a whirl sometime this month.

Where can you get the rear compartment trays.....do you have to get them from a dealer? Our closest one is 6 hrs away.
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    I just got the quick release struts. Work great and super easy to remove. I have them for the center and side rear lockers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G7...b_b_asin_title

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    Where can you get the rear compartment trays.....do you have to get them from a dealer? Our closest one is 6 hrs away.
    I looked everywhere including Ebay in hope's someone was selling one used but I had to go through the dealer. I had them shipped directly to me but they only shipped to a business address. You might be able to work around that but that is what they told me. But I would imagine every dealer is a little different.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max