Question Moomba LSV 2008 Ballast Problem please help!

I have a moomba LSV 2008, i just took it out of storage for the summer, and had it serviced. Now when i try to fill the ballast using the switches near the dash, nothing happens, it doesn't fill or empty them. Unless the boat key is in the OFF position. It had never done this before, i used to fill and empty will driving and while idling. I call the mechanic that serviced the boat (he also replaced 1 of the pumps for the ballasts). He told me that he did not touch the electronics, and that he doesn't know anything about it. (He thinks its normal that the boat has to OFF for the ballast to work). Also when i cruise, the ballast automatically fill, no matter the position of the ballast switch.

Thank in advance of any help or tips.

O

You need to learn your way around your system. It has a single dedicated Rule 1200 fill pump that works with 3 solenoids on a manifold right above your v-drive. When you turn on a switch (to fill), it turns the pump on and opens the corresponding valve. When you turn it on "empty" one of three separate smaller empty pumps will come on to empty the bag.

This system is famous for getting an airlock condition where the fill pump won't prime. It's also possible to get crud in your sprinkler valves or have the switch on the valve in the wrong place. Do a search on this board on "sprinkler" and you will find more information than you can stand. Post any specific questions here and we will try to help.

There's a reset switch right on the panel below the buttons. Hit this first and make sure you hear the fill pump coming on when you hit a "fill" switch.

Also, the system works whether the boat is running or moving or not. Usually if you run up to 20 MPH and hit fill you can get the pump primed. You may have to burp your bags after that.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have checked the reset switch. And try going above 20 MPH and still nothing. Basically the second i turn the key, all ballast systems stop. It like if turning the key shuts off the power to the ballast. Does anyone know if this has happen before, and if so how to fix it, or what could be causing this. Could the mechanic have unplugged or misconnected cables somewhere that affect this?

Thanks,

O

It's almost as if the wires are crossed at the switches. I can run my pumps with the ignition on or off. Is there some other 'master' switch that maybe was installed to help prevent the pumps from running while engine is off to save battery?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by oli560 View Post
    I have a moomba LSV 2008, i just took it out of storage for the summer, and had it serviced. Now when i try to fill the ballast using the switches near the dash, nothing happens, it doesn't fill or empty them. Unless the boat key is in the OFF position. It had never done this before, i used to fill and empty will driving and while idling. I call the mechanic that serviced the boat (he also replaced 1 of the pumps for the ballasts). He told me that he did not touch the electronics, and that he doesn't know anything about it. (He thinks its normal that the boat has to OFF for the ballast to work). Also when i cruise, the ballast automatically fill, no matter the position of the ballast switch.

Thank in advance of any help or tips.

O
    Technically the 08 ballast system is completely separate of the ignition system.

You have a main power, and ground block under the dash.
    You also have a Clear plastic box that has white round buttons, this is the ballast circuit breaker.
    You will also have a separate fuse block for just your ballast system. This ties into the main power block and ground block.

Way the system works.

Power runs to the Circuit Breakers, if you short the system or over voltage on demand the fuse will blow and it generally trips this breaker.

At this point you would reset the breaker and replace the fuse corresponding to Fill or Drain on your ballast Switch.

At your ballast switches below the throttle, if you pull that panel off, you will see a MESS of wires.

Simplified, you have power to the top, and bottom and then its daisy chained through the middle of the switch.

Power comes into the Center of Switch 1 < should be port fill and drain. >
    It then daisy changes to the Fill, and Drain of that switch. It has the same thing for the ground side.
    It then has a Power line that goes to a Common power to turn the Fill pump on < shared between all bags > and it has another Power line that goes to its Drain Pump. < 1 for each bag >

The system is simple once you wrap your head around all the daisy chained power and ground wires.

Back to your original Problem, I don't know why it would work with Ignition turned off but not On?

I would how ever check all your Ballast fuses, they should be 2.5amp but you can use up to 10amp with no issues, I did this when I daisy chained 3 pumps off my center drain to drain my IBS bag in the nose.

Check this out and get back with us here, maybe we can figure this out.

Please remember I am going off my memory of the ballast system because I haven't dealt with it since I has my 08LSV
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

That all sounds perfectly accurate to me. I would be listening for pumps running to try to isolate the problem. Then start tracing it out. Can't hurt to check all the fuses first though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!