Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    2002 right? $10 says you have aerator pumps.
    Well it seems that what I thought was on ’01 is an ’02 I’m told and I don't know how I messed that up (Don’t get old kids!) and Berge, I owe you $10 as I was able to locate two of my pumps!

One pump is connected right to the front bag in the locker and there is another down in the engine well, it looks like it pulls water from an under boat pick up.

Switching over your wiring to new switches should be piece of cake (still). Which means running all new wiring to the pumps is really not necessary if they are all working at the moment. Unless you're looking for ways to tear the skin off your knuckles during the winter months.
    Well, I’m not really looking to add to my list of “to do’s” but I do have some more questions now;

1. Where are my other pumps?
    2. How do you get to them? Is there some secret hatch under the carpet? Do I need a midget? Should I train a squirrel? (Like that is ever a bad idea)
    3. Am I supposed to have six total (plus a bilge pump)?
    4. Three fills and three dumps?
    5. It looks like I have 500 gph pumps, is it worth changing out to the 1100s?

And while I am asking questions;

1. I found water under my front ballast bag and the boat is inside during our brutal NorCal winter (had to put jeans on today!! UGH!) – What is the best way to get it out?
    2. What is a “Gravity” I or a “Gravity III”?
    3. What is an IBS? (I don’t think you guys are talking about dairy products….)

Thanks again, Eric

Moomba Ballast Pump (5).jpgMoomba Ballast Pump (1).jpgMoomba Ballast Pump (4).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post

And while I am asking questions;

1. I found water under my front ballast bag and the boat is inside during our brutal NorCal winter (had to put jeans on today!! UGH!) – What is the best way to get it out?
    2. What is a “Gravity” I or a “Gravity III”?
    3. What is an IBS? (I don’t think you guys are talking about dairy products….)

Thanks again, Eric

Moomba Ballast Pump (5).jpgMoomba Ballast Pump (1).jpgMoomba Ballast Pump (4).jpg
    Best way to get water out of the under a ballast bag is just remove the bag dry it out. If your refering to the ski locker bag it is holding water due to the bilge area being connected and water sloshes while you tow the boat.

Gavity I or Gravity III is Moomba's way of denoting how many ballast bags came in your system. If you have a Gravity I then it came with 1 bag factory and pumps. Gravity III would mean 3 bag system from the factory.

IBS= Integrated Bow Sac. When you get the V sac for under your bow seats and plumb it in with pumps for filling and draining.

YES in my thoughts replace the 500 with new 700 Tsunami's or 1100 if you can, this only increases fill and lowers wait time on filling and draining.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

answers

A-dang good question, follow the hoses like you did and you should find them

b-secret hatch-yes at least my 03 did if its a LSV, but it was the whole floor-nothing under there but wires, hoses and a gas tank. mine had 3-4 screws going into the floor sideways from under the side seat bases in the rear, cant remember were else it was screwed down as its been close to 8 yrs since I had that floor up. can be hard to findthem but once removed the floor lifts easily, heavy but easy. really no room under there for pumps tho.

c-thinking so, mostly based off the 6 individual switch's

d-yes, 3 fills/3 dumps-early model year boat would have a very simple system

e-oh heck yes. personally with the arater styles I go the 1200 tsunamis and 1" hose all the way around and keep the hose lengths as short as possible. best bang for the buck I think without going to reversible pumps

1-remove all bags, vacum out all water

2-gravity 1--single front bag, gravity 3--3 bag system

3-IBS= Integrated Bow Sac. V sac for under your bow seats

observation-no hose clamps on the hoses connecting to the bag ?

hope that helps
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    answers

A-dang good question, follow the hoses like you did and you should find them

b-secret hatch-yes at least my 03 did if its a LSV, but it was the whole floor-nothing under there but wires, hoses and a gas tank. mine had 3-4 screws going into the floor sideways from under the side seat bases in the rear, cant remember were else it was screwed down as its been close to 8 yrs since I had that floor up. can be hard to findthem but once removed the floor lifts easily, heavy but easy. really no room under there for pumps tho.
    Great! now more deconstruction!

e-oh heck yes. personally with the arater styles I go the 1200 tsunamis and 1" hose all the way around and keep the hose lengths as short as possible. best bang for the buck I think without going to reversible pumps
    Sounds like maybe some more investigating, research and drilling!

...remove all bags, vacum out all water
    Sounds a little more work,

1. Do I remove the bag entirely out of the boat? The only other boat I have had with ballast was my '03 Natique which had hard tanks.
    2. Any thing special in removing them? - Looks pretty simple

...2-gravity 1--single front bag, gravity 3--3 bag system
    So I have a "Gravity 3"? as my boat has three sacs.

3-IBS= Integrated Bow Sac. V sac for under your bow seats
    Holy @#$* - I'm gonna need one of those! Do they fill/drain off of the ski-locker bag or have their own pump? ie. another switch.[/quote]

observation-no hose clamps on the hoses connecting to the bag?
    I better get that floor up![/quote]

hope that helps
    Sure does, thanks guys for the help, Eric.

1. Do I remove the bag entirely out of the boat? The only other boat I have had with ballast was my '03 Natique which had hard tanks.
    2. Any thing special in removing them? - Looks pretty simple
    1. I remove my bags completly once or twice during the summer and over the winter layup, but its very easy with the flyhigh quick connect fittings. just to let everything dryout under the bags
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    ...but its very easy with the flyhigh quick connect fittings. just to let everything dryout under the bags
    So now I NEED;
    1. (6) 1200 tsunamis
    2. 1" hose all the way around
    3. Quick Connect fittings
    4. Some hose clamps

That is the "Zipper Effect" sound I hear a lot in my life!

Hopefully when I pull up the carpet, I can easily access the pumps.

***And my projector screen just showed up on a delivery truck!! Another project!!!***

Eric.

Back then, they didn't use the "Gravity" ballast system nomenclature. In my manual, it refers to the "Bertha" ballast, and it looks like yours is called the "Hippo". I am not 100% correct, but also back then Skiers Choice was using 1 fill pump for all three sacs, with 3 electric valves (one for each sac) that would open when the pump would come on to send the water to the correct sac. If you have that system, then you would have 4 pumps (1 fill, and 3 empty pumps, one for each sac). The fill pump is probably a 2000gph, and you have discovered that the empty pumps are 500gph. The one down in the bilge would be the fill pump (the one that is not the bilge pump) as it must be below the waterline in order to prime. That pump will feed into a manifold with the three valves in it. These valves will run to the sacs. I am not sure where all the pumps and valves are.

As far as switching out the empty pumps, it would help a bit. Be aware of the sizes of the hoses, because if you get the 1100gph pumps, you will have to redo the hoses too, and the 1100gph pumps are a weird 1 1/8" hose. Your boat should have 3/4" hoses, so a 800gph pump should hook right up without swapping hoses. For the valves, some guys upgrade them to better valves that flow better. (Search for Irritrol Valves on the forum.) It seems that most folks just ditch them. If you do that, you have two options. The 6 aerator pump option (3 fill, 3 empty), or the 3 reversible pump option (on pump for each sac that fills and empties, this is how the new boats are done). The reversible pump option is a little simpler to plumb, but those pumps are for 1” lines, so you will have to redo all the lines, and I think the fastest one is 720gph. New fittings for the sacs would also be required.

So now I NEED;
    1. (6) 1200 tsunamis
    2. 1" hose all the way around
    3. Quick Connect fittings
    4. Some hose clamps
    You know this is the...
    "can of worms"
    "pandoras box"
    etc etc

Maybe time to back up a little and ask
    1- what do you REALLY want out of the system
    2- how much are you willing to invest into it

1" hose can be used on the funky T-1200's 1-1/8" fittings with a little persuasion and heat. But like NSCU is saying if you have manifolds and valves to deal with you may just want to gut them all and start from scratch like you are thinking with 6 pumps. My old setup had a single Rule 1100 pump with the line T'd to fill both rears, and each rear had it's own drain pump, all wired to the same switch. I didn't have any valves or manifolds - nor front ballast. My new setup has 6 pumps, 3 switches.

There's lots of debate on aerator vs. reversibles. Both are/can be good.

If you decide to go aerator pumps - I'd be happy to share some advice and pics from when I went through a complete install last year.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    ...Maybe time to back up a little and ask
    1- what do you REALLY want out of the system
    2- how much are you willing to invest into it

I was thinking the same thing, and since I am redoing the interior and wanting to update the switch covers and relocate/add some switches. I "Zippered" on down this rabbit hole.

What I do know (at least I think I know);
    1. The current set up is painfully slowwwww!!
    2. We have a lot of different level boarders/wake surfers and would like quicker fill/dump times
    3. The pumps aren't that expensive - though it does add up!!

If you decide to go aerator pumps - I'd be happy to share some advice and pics from when I went through a complete install last year.
    I think my first step should be to see if I can get to the existing pumps/valves/hoses/connections/trained squirrels/etc. and inventory exactly what I have.

Then go ahead and change everything out as now the "Zipper Effect" has started!!!! Hey, a guy could have worse hobbies!!

Thanks again, Eric.

And the best part is, I will complete everything on this boat, get bored, sell it (probably at a loss) and buy a newer one, and.....there goes the zipper again!

ZIPPER EFFECT, been a victim myself manytimes.

just gut the whole stock ballast and start fresh. you will be amazed at the speed increase of going to the larger tsunami 1200 pumps.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold