Default Wake Plate - up or down?

What are you guys doing with your wake plates for surfing. I assumed up was better to let the stern sink. Am I correct?

yes-bow up, stern riding low
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Dreamer,
    Put it all the way up and ride... slowly trim it down and see the difference. I like mine down some as it lengthens the wave pocket...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

It really depends on your set up how many people ect.

Ive rode mine almost everywhere in between but with 400 surfside v box and a 300 on top of it with a 300 on the surf side seat I usually have it 3/4 down does pretty good
    2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    What are you guys doing with your wake plates for surfing. I assumed up was better to let the stern sink. Am I correct?
    What boat do you have?

In mine I have no wieght up front, 700+ in the rear locker and 250 on the side seat. With the plate all the way up works best. Im sure its differant for each setup????
    06 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by byronkoz View Post
    What boat do you have?

In mine I have no wieght up front, 700+ in the rear locker and 250 on the side seat. With the plate all the way up works best. Im sure its differant for each setup????

I have a 2002 Supra SSV and I was assuming that my hull was similar to newer 21'6 LSV Moombas. Someone told me to put the wake plate down to get the front of the boat deep into the water to create a larger wake, so this is why I am asking.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 04-21-2009 at 08:09 PM.