Default Need more ballast help...

I finally got some quality time this weekend in the OBV behind my newest ballast config (std center (400) and IBS (650) up front and 750 in each of the rear lockers) and the regular-side wave is still just so-so. Granted there are just two people in the boat and one of them is my teenage daughter weighing in at a monster 110 lbs. I tried numerous wakeplate positions and speed combinations (from 9.9 - 10.5) but nothing seemed to work well on the regular side. Strangely enough the goofy side is awesome -- nice clean wave and its huge!! The only difference is that I have my daughter driving and my big arse (230 lbs) is sitting on the back deck for my wife who is surfing.

Anyway, looking for some advice -- anybody think of any thing else I could try on the regular side aside from more people in the boat? I have the goofy side sac empty -- should I partially fill it? If so, how much? Should I maybe add another sac under the port side seat? If so, would the 400 be the right size for that area?

Any help would be appreciated...
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Hey there Mike, on my 2013 OBV, the best surf wake I got was with 750 on regular side rear locker, 400 std center and 450 on the seat on surf side. Goofy side was empty, and I ran the boat around 10.5-11 mph. I think I had plate at half... My wife could surf without the rope to her hearts content like that. Me, well I like to think the issue was the wake, but likely more my ability... I tried the 450 sac at the front of the boat, but the biggest difference seemed to be when I put it on the back seat corner we were surfing on...

I upgraded to a LSV this year, so I have no excuse for surfing without the rope this year... Good luck!!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Mike I had 750 on surf side, center, ibs ballast setup with 2 person configure. I was running at 9.5 with wake plate at half ropeless. I think it will get bigger wiith more people in the rear corner. What change should i get if i up my speed to 10 or so?

Sent from my VS890 4G using Tapatalk
    1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V

similar hull to my 20ssv. I ran 1100's in the back lockers(granted not maxed out but filled the lockers to every square inch), surfside only, other side should be empty, then 400 in the floor, 400 up front and 400 on the surfside seat if running less than 5 peeps.

bury that rubrail
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

just curious - what water depth are you surfing in?

I get my best wave on the regular side, 750 in the rear corner, 400 in front, four people (including driver) in boat, in 12+ feet of water and at 10 MPH - Acme prop (have no idea which one).

The wakeplate gauge is all the way to the left - and I don't know if you call that fully up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperyrockTKE300 View Post
    just curious - what water depth are you surfing in?

I get my best wave on the regular side, 750 in the rear corner, 400 in front, four people (including driver) in boat, in 12+ feet of water and at 10 MPH - Acme prop (have no idea which one).

The wakeplate gauge is all the way to the left - and I don't know if you call that fully up or down.

The depth varies, but most of the time its 15'+.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V