Default 325 HP enough for higher elevation?

So I am looking to buy my first inboard and am looking for something like a 07-09 XLV or possibly a LSV. I also love the Supra 21v or 22ssv. What I am finding is that most of the boats I find for sale have the 325 HP engine. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and most of the lakes are about 5,000 ft. in elevation. I talked to the dealer here in town and he said that he would definitely look for a 340 HP engine due to the altitude here. Maybe the 325 would be ok for a little smaller boat like the LSV or the 21V but he has me worried about not having enough HP, especially for a bigger boat with 8-10 people onboard. I would love any thoughts you have. Thanks in advance.

coming from Boise, I found prop selection to be a larger piece than the bigger engine.
    granted my launch20 had the ext340,but I could not get on plane(above 17mph) with the 13x17 prop, 2400lbs of water and 5 peeps. I swapped out to the 14x14(or some variant acme makes) and holeshot and onplane was amazing. lost 3 or so mph on the top end, but who cares. it's about pulling boarders, not top speed imo.

my cousin just bought a used tige 2300v- a 23.5ft battleship. it had no issues surfing with the mercruiser 325. I would not be afraid to buy an xlv/lsv with the 325 and especially if the right deal came along, but if given a choice and you can wait, more is always better.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default 325 HP enough for higher elevation?

I live in Salt Lake City and have an LSV with the 325 and never had a problem at any lake from Bear Lake to Lake Powell. Like stated above, the right prop makes the biggest difference.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    ...the right prop makes the biggest difference.
    Call Acme directly and ask about their prop suggestions. Look at the 1235s and 1617s.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Hey, I'm in Denver. i have an LSV with 325, i had the SC wakeboard prop from OJ, it pulled well enough, we could load up the boat with people and ballast, still pulled up fine. changed props to an acme, but dont remember which, it pulls better, lost a bit on the top, would prefer to change props when going to lower elevation like powell for fuel economy. ive been on many lake in salt lake area, utah lake, pineview, rockpork echo, bear lake, jordanelle. never a concern. i don't think the XLV is too much heavier than the LSV. i would not worry about the 325.

take it for a test and see how it goes.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Thanks guys, that is great to hear since most of the boats I am finding have the 325. Like Sandm said it's always nice to have a little extra power, but it sounds like the 325 would fine.