Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My new commuter

make sure you're in gear.. and that doesn't include a dewrag for a lid...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    make sure you're in gear.. and that doesn't include a dewrag for a lid...
    ATGATT buddy! Daily commute involves fullface helmet (Shoei), gloves, boots, and jacket (all A*). If I'm headed out for twisties only, I have a full HJC leather suit
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

no pants? u ride in your boxers??

same gear I wear, except the track suit. don't own one. maybe someday.
    I'd love to live out in your neck of the woods. I wouldn't think the dragon is too far from you..

I work with a guy that rides an older fj1300. he rides in shorts and no helmet most days. when he rides the twisties here called "the loop", he won't wear a helmet as he says it impedes his view of the scenery... I'd like to tell you it's because he's young and dumb, but he's just 50 and dumb...

You ride in boxers too? Isn't the breeze great?!?! Lol

Jeans and cargo pants usually, unless it is cold and I'm wearing my coldweather pants...Black Carhartt Extreme Arctic model. They do the job! I ride year 'round, from 9 degrees to 109 degrees.

No excuse to not wear a helmet IMO....Just stupidity.... Shorts, tennis shoes, etc. will still let you heal if you go down, but the helmet is your life man!!! Lots of squids around town here, but the guys you see on sportbikes in the mtns are usually geared up...

I'm a couple of hours from the dragon. Went once and that was good enough for me...Won't go back on a weekend that is for sure. Overrated IMO. There are a lot of GREAT roads in the SC/NC/TN/GA/VA corner here, and many of them are MUCH less patrolled than the dragon. Police have gotten to be ridiculous bike-haters here
    Last edited by rc5695; 04-11-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: correction
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

it's here too with the popo. we have a loop that is around 150 miles or so. full of tight 20mph corners. leo's got a bunch of extra money last year and put a ton of mc cops on the loop on overtime last year specifically for sportbikes. sucked.. it's a desolate mtn highway with NO residential/farms/cabins on it, but a few squids were passing in wrong areas and doing stupid things. leo's are now all over it.. hoping it slows down this year.

if it continues, I see the sportbike going away and picking up a dualsport. my buddy has an aprilia caponard. talk about a lazyboy on wheels.. it was super plush. might switchup to weekend touring in the spring and fall around boating season..

Sounds like a plan sandm...Doubt the LEO's are around as much in the non-busy times of year...

Picked up my Ohlins shock Last night! WooHoo!!! Can't wait to get that bad boy on!

Also on order are a zero gravity windscreen (sport touring size in light smoke), a set of ASV levers (clutch and brake, in black), PC3 (fuel controller), Graves carbon fiber & Titanium slip-on exhaust, and a Sargent seat. I wasn't planning on 1/2 this stuff, but found too good of deals to refuse at the moment. There's a couple of other free mods I want to do (removal of air pump, adjust TPS, and airbox modification). Only mod left I want to do is a high-flow air filter (if it doen'st already have one) and someday a set of R1 forks...
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

Oh yeah, some sliders on order I got for cheap too. I just have to modify them to work with my fairings...Should be able to just turn them down a little on the lathe at work
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

sounds like you are on the way. I've only done the Kleen air mod and a slipon. want levers, sliders, k&n and a pc3, but I really haven't been able to justify it yet. only have 900 miles on this one. it's tough to figure out where the disposable income should go. boat, bike or house. right now the house is winning, but boating/biking season is just about to start here

With the jap bikes, the PC3 is the last one too do, asi ti is expensive and really not "needed" on MOST bikes. The computers and sensors they have on the new bikes are so spot on in keeeping the bike running right that on most newer bikes it is a very small gain, and they aren't cheap. My FZ6 ran PERFET w/o one for many years w/ a slipon & K&N & airbox mod. I only installed it on that bike because so many people bragged it up and i found some guy that had new ones he was closing out for 1/2 price. I was pretty disappointed in all honesty.

Now my FZ1 that I just bought has a pretty rough fuel injection mapping that the PC3 is supposed to smooth out quite a bit. I'm looking forward to it...The other guys with the same mods have dyno'd 145-150 hp...the bike is about 450 lbs. wet...
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

SandM what's your build? I have an older AGV full suit that I would get rid of for almost nothing.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"