Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have the same problem with my KMT6s. They are pushed by the ZXM450.2. My cabins and sub are being pushed by the ZXM700.5. They are both ground to the same point. The only difference is that I have a PAC volume control to control the volume of the towers. I’m pretty sure the problem lies with the PAC. The installer suggested to try “jiggling” the RCAs on the back of the PAC…yeah…ummm that didn’t fix it. If the PAC is all the way up or down and the motor is on there is no whine. However if the level is anywhere between there is. I’m sure it has something to do with how the RCAs were run for the PAC but I don’t see a power wire or anything like that near the run that would usually be the cause of this. Oh well I’ll figure it out eventually.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Alright. I am just about to tackle this project today.

Where else can I ground my amp other than the negative battery terminal?

I was having a look inside the compartment and noticed the 4 studs with nuts for the wakeboard tower. Would that be an apropriate location for a ground?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Deaf, since you only have one battery, connect your amp ground directly to the neg post on your battery using at least 4 awg cable.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Deaf, since you only have one battery, connect your amp ground directly to the neg post on your battery using at least 4 awg cable.
    That is how I currently have it connected and I have a ground loop. I need to find an alternative ground for my amp.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Update: grounding the amp to the tower bolts did not work. The stereo won't even play now, even with just the radio playing.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    That is how I currently have it connected and I have a ground loop. I need to find an alternative ground for my amp.
    Did you try grounding your HU to your amp's neg lug?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

That may work but would require me to gut my entire wirin harness to simply "try".

I know for a fact I would solve my problem if only I could find a decent ground point for my amp.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    That may work but would require me to gut my entire wirin harness to simply "try".

I know for a fact I would solve my problem if only I could find a decent ground point for my amp.
    Not sure what your logic is here. There can be no better ground point than the battery's neg post. Or am I mission something?

You don't have to gut your harness. I just cut my HU ground wire after the harness, butt spliced in an 18 awg cable, and ran it straight to the batt neg.

I think that in your case, it might not be a ground issue.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

is the whine there with the amp gains turned all the down? is it a new amp or a refurbed amp?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    is the whine there with the amp gains turned all the down? is it a new amp or a refurbed amp?
    The amp is brand new. There was no high pitched sound unless the engine was running.

When I turn the key to "run" position, I get the high pitched sound for 10sec and it stops. When I turn the engine on the there is a whine that is added to that high pitched sound. ANNOYING!

I ended up grounding the head unit to the amp and its gone.

I really appreciate your help guys. Forums really help for times like these.