Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your going to want 4 of these puppies to solve your problems
    http://www.wakemakers.com/check-valv...ng-1-inch.html
    or the 3/4 if thats your line size
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 12-07-2009 at 05:56 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Looks like I am going to have to go with the check valves. Hopefully that doesnt affect flow that much. I used these for the vents as well as for a shared drain tube and I could see a difference in the flow of water on the drain side from using this. http://www.wakemakers.com/check-valv...-3-4-inch.html but I may have to just deal with it. It is bound to still be faster than the old sprinkler valve setup. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Diver
    Do yourself a favor ans shop around for those valves. Wakemakers.com has terrible customer service. At first I order my items from there and 6 weeks later, I never received anything. I ended up getting my money back and getting it somewhere else. I do have a question. If you removed the crappy sprinkler valves, and using the stock 3/4" scupper, what is keeping the water from entering the bag while under way? Are you shutting the ball valves when all the bags are full? Did you install vented loops for each pump?
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz,
    I actually bought the tsunami pumps at walmart and all the fittings at lowes. I picked up the check valves at West Marine. Bought everything local, I just used that link to show what valve I had used. I did buy my 750s from wakemakers but did not experience any issues.

Regarding the issue with water filling automatically. I routed my front lines up and looped them and am going to cut off the scoop from the intake. The rear lines I routed up and ran them into the back lockers from the top so they both have a natural loop in them. Since I just did the install I have not had a chance to test this aspect of the system however the vented loops dont do anything that just looping the hose will do other than allow air to come into the lines to allow the water to drop back down however with the one way valve in place that wouldnt happen anyway so I am not sure that I would benefit from them (I am speculating). I will let everyone know if this works or not. From what I have read on this forum what I am doing should work.

Just an update. I believe that the issue I am having is due to a lack of volume. I know the one way valves will correct my problem however that will increase the time it takes to fill. I think I am going to rebuild the manifold with all 1" material. It seems that the 3/4 stuff just doesnt cut it with 4 pumps. I have been told that the Tsunami 800 should fill a 750 in about 9 minutes. Currently mine takes 15 which further indicates that the water volume is to little. I will post the results of the new manifold.

One key to having the 4 pumps is a little forward motion, about 10mph works good for me as it presurizes the intake and the pumps will flow more water, if im sitting still I get a lot less water flow.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Great news... The 1" material fixed it so all works correct now. For anyone considering doing the Tsunami 800 pumps and using more than 3 you will definetely want to upgrade the factory intake to a 1" intake and build your manifold out of 1" or scedule 40 PVC. The first one I built was 3/4 brass and it cost a pretty penny and didnt supply enough water for the pumps to work properly. As long as you have brass or bronze up to the 1" ball valve save yourself some coin and go with PVC after that. If anyone is interested I can post some pics.

Here are the fill times I experienced with dual 750s, skil locker sack, and bow sack.

Original fill time with sprinkler valves 31 min
    4 tsunami pumps using 3/4 manifold and intake Fill time 16 min
    4 tsunami pumps using 1' manifold and intake Fill Time 11min flat

With this 1" material the ski locker sack was full in 4min and the bow sack was full in under 7 min. Obviously the 750s took the longest at 11min and those times are with all filling simultaneously with the boat not moving.

On another not I have yet to spend any time on the water so I am not sure if I am going to get away with looping the hose or if I will have to purchase the vented loops. I will say this, the vented loops are about $100 for 4 of them and the ball valve was around $20. With that in mind you could almost buy an electronic ball valve that is normally closed and just use the original pump plug which is powered whenever any of the pumps comes on to power it. This would also decrease the hose that is needed by about 8 ft which would save an additional $20. I am just thinking out loud at this point and since I have allready gone with a ball valve I will likely just buy the vented loops if it comes to it but for anyone considering do this its something to consider.

I am going to try and get out this weekend if I get time and the weather permits. It was 80 degrees yesterday and today the high was 57 so who knows. I also ordered a 1200 tsunami fill kit. I am going to take one of the origianl 400s that I replaced with the 750s and put it in the center walk up front which will add another 400lbs. This will bring the total to just under 3k lbs. Should be a healthy wake.

Once again thanks for all the input.

Thanks for keeping everyone posted diver. Always nice to know how problems are solved
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Diver, I'd love to see some of the manifold pics or any others.

Thanks

diver,

So did you leave the stock, 3/4" scupper/intake in place or did you replace it with 1" as well? Can you post the link to the electronic ball valves?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV