Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Buying new Ballast - need info

I am going to buy either the 750 or 1100 Fly High ballast from Wake Makers - My question is what am I going to have to do to install these - I have read in other threads that you have to extend your fill or drain hoses to fit - Is this the case fro both the 750 and the 1100?? What other surprises will I encounter that I did not catch on the past threads??? Thanks for your help - I am a newbie on the ballast deal so I want to make sure I have all my bases covered before purchasing....

Yes you have to extend the fill hose, not the drain hose. You can buy a plug and play kit on wakemakers for each side, I think they're $20 each. Or, like I did, I bought a sprinkler barb coupler at home depot and some braided vinyl hose and did both bags for like $11.

I'd go 1100 (because I did lol), but you will have to reinforce the side panel to the motor compartment. I didn't think I'd have to at first, but over time my panel has bowed and is now touching the exhaust manifold. You can find threads on how to do it, relatively simple job of screwing in aluminum supports with self tapping screws.

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Although that's on a LSV...not sure what difference there would be for other boats, but I'm sure it's all similar.

Oh, 2013 LSV as in your other post

Wakemakers sells a kit that has all of the fittings and extensions that you will need... They are great guys to work with if you have any questions call them up...

http://www.wakemakers.com/2013-supra...r-upgrade.html
    2008 LSV 1100s 650IBS Reversible Pumps w\Timers

Thanks Wax and eblom!

Quote Originally Posted by eblom View Post
    Wakemakers sells a kit that has all of the fittings and extensions that you will need... They are great guys to work with if you have any questions call them up...

http://www.wakemakers.com/2013-supra...r-upgrade.html
    you won't need anything for a 2013 LSV other than the new sacs as the fill/drain are the same line with the reversible pumps and vent line off the top will be fine. Everything went to 1" lines in 2013, so just get the right size fittings. Should be about a 30 min job: 5 min to uncover boat, 5 min to unplug old bags & plug in new ones, 20 mins to enjoy a cold one (or two) while admiring your work.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    you won't need anything for a 2013 LSV other than the new sacs as the fill/drain are the same line with the reversible pumps and vent line off the top will be fine. Everything went to 1" lines in 2013, so just get the right size fittings. Should be about a 30 min job: 5 min to uncover boat, 5 min to unplug old bags & plug in new ones, 20 mins to enjoy a cold one (or two) while admiring your work.
    I second Wolf's response, I just got my 1100's and did not have to change a thing in my Supra. As long as you pay attention to the bags you are ordering, they will tell you if you need the drain extender or not.

As a fyi, do not glue your quick connects in place until you have screwed them in once or twice. I made this mistake with Loctite and now have the unhappy pleasure of heating my bags up with a heat gun to try and get them out now.
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's

Thanks Wolfeman and Blackout - The guy at Wake Makers told me to just screw the fitting in - Do you glue it?? or can you Teflon tape the threads...

I had tightened mine, found they leaked a little and then used Teflon tape and channel locks. I was going to go with the glue, but no leaks since I used the tape.