Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default best mod i have done

This spring I put in 3 reversible pumps and bow ballast, this has been the greatest mod that I have done ever. I have two little kids that limit boat time so the fast pumps make such a difference. Not to mention I have always had to replace at least one aerotor style pump each summer. It was a fair bit of work to put in but totally worth it!
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Congrats! You have might short summers so I don't blame you a bit for being jealous of every second.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The boat is not away yet but I just loved how easy they worked, I had not issues with them at all. The install was so much cleaner than before. I have put a new prop on, which made a big difference, upgraded the ballast and stereo which I love. But our lake is pretty green and weedy in the summer so even the fact that these pumps dont plug up while parked at the dock filling was awesome.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

I'm really thinking of switching out my aerator style for reversible I am just sick of sacks not draining, filling in consistently ect.

OH and PP was probably your best mod unless your boat came with it.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Do you have pictures of where you installed the new through-hull fittings?
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Ian, if you go reversable the best location for threw hulls in on the bottom of the boat. The best location to mount these will be Aft of the Speedo pick up as you will want shut off valves.

The only downside to Reversable pumps is you have to pay attention to filling and draining a lot more. Even with vents on the bags when they are full you have to shut them off. A couple times we wernt paying attention and it poped the hose off on our vent and gushed water. Also when draining you cant let these pumps run dry for more then a minute without risking damaging the impellers. We had that hapen the 3rd time out when a switch got bumped on.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I want to put a red light somewhere around my instruments to indicate when I have a pump on!! This winter..

-Jake
    -Jake

as far as the burning out the impellers I have not had any issues, you can hear the sound the moment the bags are empty. As far as filling i have over filled but never popped a hose off. I didnt take any pictures of the thru hulls. I followed someone elses mod off the the forum. I mount exactly where he did. They are on the side where the the existing thru hull is. I believe one in front and one in the back.
    this is what i followed!
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....eversible+pump
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    I want to put a red light somewhere around my instruments to indicate when I have a pump on!! This winter..

-Jake
    Should be easy, 3 LEDS on the back of those switches is a top pole or blade if you will, its hot only when the switch is in the ON position and it lights the switch lights to tell you the switch is on. Should eb able to jump off that and ground on the same switch ground.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

i would suggest that you carry extra fuses as I have had to replace all three this year for some reason. Not sure why but over the summer they all cooked once.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake