Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Eric,

The IX500.2 will deliver 250W rms x 2 @ 2 ohm, so each 8" Icon-8 would net 125W. Although the Icon-8 will handle more power, 125W to an 8" coaxial is good solid power, especially when there will be 2 pair. If buying the speakers and amp as a package, the HT2 would top of the list as an amp, but since you already have the IX500.2, rock it.

The IX1000.5 will do perfect with your 3 pairs of in-boats.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Eric,

The IX500.2 will deliver 250W rms x 2 @ 2 ohm, so each 8" Icon-8 would net 125W. Although the Icon-8 will handle more power, 125W to an 8" coaxial is good solid power, especially when there will be 2 pair. If buying the speakers and amp as a package, the HT2 would top of the list as an amp, but since you already have the IX500.2, rock it.

The IX1000.5 will do perfect with your 3 pairs of in-boats.
    KXM is now shipping too.... FYI

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    KXM is now shipping too.... FYI

Aren't the KVMs A/B style amps?
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Eric,
    I usually view the in-boat zone with subwoofer as one and independent of the tower zone. As long as the sub and in-boat satellites are well balanced with their respective power then you're good. Oftentimes there is so much indirect radiation coming of the tower that many will want to back off on the in-boats a bit, especially in consideration that on a Moomba/Supra all four cockpit speakers are behind the driver and more in the face of the rear occupants.

David

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Aren't the KVMs A/B style amps?

Nope! Brand new. Full-range Class-D power. Run longer, run cooler with an amp that is literally half the size of the predecessors...

Super efficient Boost Converter technology is in the power supplies; the power supply itself is better than 90% efficient and the amps are better than 85% efficient at full power....

Here is a link to a review of the automotive version of the 5-channel amp, the KX800.5 from PERFORMANCE AUTO & SOUND: http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/repo...8005-amplifier

We borrowed some parts and technology from the car side of the house on two models, the KXM800.5 and KXM400.4 and created a brand new model for the marine markets with the high-power KXM400.2.

The KXM400.2 is basically a purpose-built tower amplifier. It is the ideal amp for a KMT60 installation.

The KXM400.4 is a good in-boat amp for guys who want to power up their in-boat speakers, but either run without a sub, or use a higher power mono amp on the subs. It is also the perfect amp to run bridged into a set of the KM6500.2 HLCD components.

The KXM800.5 is the perfect in-boat coaxes plus subwoofer(s) amplifier.

All three feature full-range Class D power, a smaller foot print, conformal coated circuit boards, ABYC-compliant power terminals, gasket-sealed front covers, stainless mounting hardware, UV protected heat sink finish, and blue illumination to match our LED-eqipped speakers.

The preamp sections are analog-controlled, (meaning easy to use knobs) but digital in function. This allows us to add feathers like a viariable HI-PASS filter for the subwoofer section of the KXM800.5, which allows you to throw away sub-sonic energy that your subs will not play, improving subwoofer performance in open-air and "free-air" installations.

The preamp design also allows us to make one of the full-range sections have both high pass and low pass filters on the KXM400.4 and KXM800.5, in case you want to use extra midbass drivers to add warmth to the frequency response range usually too low for a coax, but too high for a good subwoofer...

Sorry, I gave you the long answer but I hope it helps. PLUS it adds to the post count in ths thread....

Phil
    Kicker

Phil,

Thanks for the info, Looks like there is another option (great!)

Do you know when these amps will be shipping (this will be a big part of the decision) and where can I get info on the other amps?

Not sure I want to (dare to?) ask about a comparison of these new Kickers vs. the Wetsounds HT series

• I can hear the zipper starting now and my checkbook getting lighter!!!!!

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Phil,

Thanks for the info, Looks like there is another option (great!)

Do you know when these amps will be shipping (this will be a big part of the decision) and where can I get info on the other amps?

Not sure I want to (dare to?) ask about a comparison of these new Kickers vs. the Wetsounds HT series

• I can hear the zipper starting now and my checkbook getting lighter!!!!!
    See above. They are shipping now.

Comparison? Can that be done with a simple yes or no?

I will tell you they are way different: Wetsonds ship out of Texas, and Kicker ships out of Oklahoma.... Hope that helps with any decision.... Tim will probably tell you the same thing....

I need to add that I am totally joking.... Tim and I are competitors, but we get along great and hang out sometimes when we are both at the same shows together. It would be inapproptiate for me to go stating comparisons between the two products. That would not be fair to Tim and it would put me in a bad position as a forum contributor. It is for that fact I replied with my tongue-in-cheek resonse regarding the shipping locations....

Hope that clarification of my comment removes any mis-read of my post....

Phil
    Kicker

Well I can certianly state my opinion and preference between the two amplifiers.
    My favorite between the two is the one that we are installing in a boat today.

Before anyone asks which amplifier we are installing today, its any given boat on any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    Can that be done with a simple yes or no?
    With over 50 posts on a simple yes or no...Hell Yes it can!

I will tell you they are way different: Wetsonds ship out of Texas, and Kicker ships out of Oklahoma.... Hope that helps with any decision...
    Now that DOES help, my boys names are Austin and Dallas.. So done... Wait! My friend's kid is going to school in Oklahoma and I grew up in Oakland...So now..???

Maybe it will come down to price, I figure this will end up being #$@% (a lot!) and apparently I HAVE to get LEDs now (effing kids!)

Maybe there are some T-shirts thrown in...

I need to stay off the internet!

Eric.