Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fake a lake or fresh water flush kit?

Just curious what you guys think about these 2 options. Fake a lake would be cheaper and no cutting the water lines in the boat. I would be afraid to suck air if the seal wasn't good enough. The fresh water flush kit seems like it would be more reliable but possibility of leaks. It also has a 1 way valve which could require the water pump to suck harder than in the lake causing additional strain on the pump. Any experience with either?

Thanks
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition
    WM 910 Rear sacs and 650 and 550 IBS
    WS 600 WATT Amp- 4 Tower Speakers
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Pro sport 12 Dual Batt Charger
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina

I got a Fake-A-Lake from Wakemakers...super simple to use. It's basically a plunger on a telescoping pole and has female hose connector.

I make sure it's wedged in there good, turn on the hose, crank the boat....easy peasy.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I got a Fake-A-Lake from Wakemakers...super simple to use. It's basically a plunger on a telescoping pole and has female hose connector.

I make sure it's wedged in there good, turn on the hose, crank the boat....easy peasy.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    I prefer not climbing underneath the boat and getting soaked. It's cheaper for sure.

The flush option is just eaiser, connect the hose and go.

You can go to home depot and buy some hose and make an adapter to connect it to the garden hose. Just remove the intake line and stick your hose on. There are no issues with using a flush kit.

This was like 20$, don't think pics are working anymore.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7KqEKuHRbyYnfG5u7
    Last edited by parrothd; 05-13-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Fake a lake is super easy. I turn the water to the hose after the hookup and you can tell if the suction is good before you fire up the motor.
    2016 Craz

Do you guys use the fake a lake to run antifreeze thru when winterizing ? Can you use the fake a lake to run antifreeze thru the ballast system as well?
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition
    WM 910 Rear sacs and 650 and 550 IBS
    WS 600 WATT Amp- 4 Tower Speakers
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Pro sport 12 Dual Batt Charger
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by justflyinglow View Post
    Do you guys use the fake a lake to run antifreeze thru when winterizing ? Can you use the fake a lake to run antifreeze thru the ballast system as well?
    plus one on this question
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

My 98 Mobius DD is super easy to get to the 1" fresh water line. I went to Ace and got a 1" PVC threaded adapter and a brass garden hose adapter. Put them together, remove 2 hose clamps and hook up the garden hose. Easy Peasy and cost around $5. I just drain everything in the fall (no antifreeze). I don't have any ballast bags hooked up (yet).

She ain't pretty, but she can dance!
    1998 Mobius

On my direct drive, I had a TEE ball valve that bypassed the thru hull on the bottom of the boat. On my Vdrive, I have a Flush Pro. Not going to ever mess with a fake-a-lake. With my luck, I'd get on the boat and my body weight would make enough difference to shift the boat's weight on the trailer and have it slip off. It's just so much easier to screw into the flush pro.

But if I didn't have a flush pro, I'd be putting in another ball valve. How hard is that? 2 Barb fittings to allow the TEE to go inline on the intake hose, and then screw in the garden hose to the other (or put in a fitting that accepts a garden hose if the thread pattern isn't right).
    Last edited by trayson; 05-14-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I spent the money for the Indmar piece. Love the fact that it's super easy to use AND you can watch the water being pulled into the system from inside the boat.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Indmar-49-900...d=372411255092
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Also,
    Here's the thread from this forum:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....r-sea-strainer
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV