Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I agree that it's cool to see those vids where the boat is 1/4 mile away and you can still hear the sound, but it's really just novelty for the reasons Phil mentioned. Just think of all the times the audio gets compressed and swapped between devices before it finally makes it to your ears. Even if you assume the tower speakers are perfectly reproducing the original audio you still have to make the very ugly jumps to the camera mic > camera hdd > compressed to youtube > uncompressed to computer speakers.

Krypt is always an option for 6.5" hlcd.

Will it get bashed around here? Sure
    Will it get the job done? Absolutely.

Did I put it in my 6.5" cans? You bet
    Is it in your budget with money to spare? That's why I did it.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I hear what you're saying I just think it would be a great way to promote your new product. I know personally I made my decision to go with the hollowpoints based on the video earmark had made. I don't have a great ear for sound quality I was just looking for something that I was definatley going to be able to hear at 70 feet with the noise of the water and boat.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

thanks for the advice guys! i did order the kicker set up since the rest of my audio is kicker.

i'll keep you posted after the install.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    thanks for the advice guys! i did order the kicker set up since the rest of my audio is kicker.

i'll keep you posted after the install.
    Keep us posted. I will be glad to help out with any questions-

Phil
    Kicker

whoa, that was quick.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    Flex-

Brain Rinse is right. You have 4 cans already, and that is perfect for the KM6500.2 HLCD system. Use the four full range channels of your ZXM700.5 in bridge mode and you will have 165 watts to each half of the tower system. You could use more power if you wanted but 165 will push them pretty good. Your budget seems right on the money too.

Phil
    Kicker
    i installed the speakers today but not sure i understand bridge mode. any help would be appreciated.

the manual that came with the speakers said to run the tweeter & speaker in parallel (one speaker wire). i have the other end (to the amp) connected to R- & L+ to amp 1 of the 700.5. i did the same for the other tweeter & speaker except connected it to amp 2 of the 700.5. (the 700.5 has two 2 ch amps & one sub)

also, xover 1 & 2 are set to HI.

is this correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by flex; 02-18-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

A quick glance says yes, that looks correct.

You have the crossover turned to hi-pass which is correct. Now go to the front of the amp and make sure that the x-over frequency for both amp1 and amp2 are set to around 100HZ.

Let us know what you think when you fire it up!

Phil
    Kicker

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    A quick glance says yes, that looks correct.

You have the crossover turned to hi-pass which is correct. Now go to the front of the amp and make sure that the x-over frequency for both amp1 and amp2 are set to around 100HZ.

Let us know what you think when you fire it up!

Phil
    Kicker
    thanks phil!!

went for a couple of sets yesterday & there is no comparison. the kicker HLCD speakers are awesome. riding at 65 ft sounds like you are sitting in the boat (with volume to spare).

anyone considering upgrading to the HLCD speakers, it is worth it!!

Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    thanks phil!!

went for a couple of sets yesterday & there is no comparison. the kicker HLCD speakers are awesome. riding at 65 ft sounds like you are sitting in the boat (with volume to spare).

anyone considering upgrading to the HLCD speakers, it is worth it!!
    Must be nice to be on the water. I am looking at a WalMart parking lot right now that has 15' high plowed snow piles and it is still snowing...